i need help

Teenwbody

so last year january i bought a 1994 olds cutlass convertible n she ran great until.... she idled rough n died infront of my house. so ive be trying to find out the problem with my baby n the ideas i think that might be wrong with her is wrong ive tried everything from fuel pumps, fuel filter, vacuum leak etc n shes kinking my but can anyone help me pleaaaaasssssseee

well i have a 3.4 dohc an i checked the spark plugs before and the seened like the engine was buring Rich Because the spark plugs were Black An Had Loads Of Sut On Them

A couple thoughts I have:

Is the "Check Engine" or "Service Engine Soon" light on?

Does it run, just not idle or does it not start?

If its running rich and getting poor mileage it might be a dirty MAF or it could be a bad O2 sensor causing the computer to default to a rich setting causing poor mileage and fouled plugs...

It could be a bad idle air control motor that is keeping it from running right. My Century had hard start issues for a while and was getting progressively worse. I replaced the nasty Idle control, pulled the throttle body and thoroughly cleaned it and re-installed. It starts and runs vastly better now.

I'm not sure exactly what is wrong with yours or even if my ideas are going to be applicable. WE really need more info describing the problem you are having.

Start with the basics like they said above. Plugs, wires, fuel filter, maybe coils, air filter if you want...wouldn't solve your problem like the other 4, but couldn't hurt if it hasn't been done.