Auto-Dim weirdness

Andrew

Yeah, it sucks :( Mine hasn't started any of the dreaded fail symptoms yet...*knocks on wood*

Lets just hope it doesn't start leaking that shit on your center console

Cannot emphasize this enough. Gentex FTW!

talk to Anthony about this. i sold him a gentex mirror for his 97, and he forgot to remove it when he crushed it... so he called me to ask for another one!!! LOL

Yes. All the OnStar equipped GPs got the Gentex dual display compass/temp mirrors (with the OnStar buttons on the bottom, of course). The only problem is you will loose the map lights unless you want to go for the OnStar mirror out of the Regals that got no compass/temp (probably because it shoes temp in the HVAC unit), but got map lights. I would just get a regular Gentex compass, or compass/temp mirror. It's not hard to wire them, as all you'd need to do is splice into your existing Donnelly mirror wires (IF the harnesses aren't the same).

post-641-143689050831_thumb.jpg

You wouldn't have one with Compass and temp in it would you?

I'll have to look through my inventory when I get a chance, but I'd be surprised if I don't have one.

Edited by RareGMFan

I also notices that the auto dim feature on my interior lights no longer work .

I have a 1994 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. Please help :confused:

Can you find a photo sensor anywhere? If so it's probably covered in dust and should be cleaned. I'm not familiar with the 94 specifically but in general autodim lights are controlled by a photovoltaic cell and once it's dirty, it gets confused because it doesn't "see" differences in light, so it doesn't work. Just try finding the sensor, it'll probably be a hole about the size of a pea with a clear lens on it. Hope I'm helping a LITTLE here. :roll: