Left door creak

91eurocpe

Give it time. Eventually the metal will snap, and no more noise. Unfortunately the door won't keep itself open anymore. This happened to my passenger door. I greased the heck out of everything and there was no way that I found to stop it.

My anteater had a similar problem recently. Bought some lithium grease from the auto parts store. A few squirts and moving the hinge back and forth a few times took care of it.

My anteater had a similar problem recently. Bought some lithium grease from the auto parts store. A few squirts and moving the hinge back and forth a few times took care of it.

I freakin hosed mine in sprayable red grease. Repeatedly. Everything I could see got coated. Didn't help.

did you grease the door holder thingy? you know, the part that goes "Click Click clunk"

I've learned that these parts need reinforcement, BTW.... the metal of the inndr door skin where they mount is too thin... Add a 3/16th" by 1" washer works great to reinforce the door skin, or if the skin has filed, to substitute for it.

Duh. That's what broke eventually. Every car I can remember my family owning... spraying the door holder and the hinge with red grease made it quiet and smooth as butter... not mine.

Did you want to try and fix it???? I just told you enough for you to figure out the rest....

but here's a few more clues:

door holders are the same left and right across all the GEN 1 the platforms.... and they interchange as follows.

2 door fits only 2 door.

4 door front fits only 4 door front.

4 door rear fits only 4 door rear.

So next time you are at the j/y, find a donor you like and pull the clicker from the door... but preferably a right door, as they are less worn. Go to Lowes and find the washers I mention (4 for $1, iirc) and install.

door holders are the same left and right across all the GEN 1 the platforms.... and they interchange as follows.

2 door fits only 2 door.

So next time you are at the j/y, find a donor you like and pull the clicker from the door... but preferably a right door, as they are less worn. Go to Lowes and find the washers I mention (4 for $1, iirc) and install.

WIN! Thats how i fixed mine. I think ken (maybe chris) gave me the same advice to help me do this. It was also one of my favorite repairs...simple and has a profound effect on the perceived crappiness of the car. I replaced mine with a Maui blue (or whatever bright blue the sedans had) so it almost blends in.

Edited by mra32

2 door fits only 2 door.

WIN! Thats how i fixed mine. I think ken (maybe chris) gave me the same advice to help me do this. It was also one of my favorite repairs...simple and has a profound effect on the perceived crappiness of the car. I replaced mine with a Maui blue (or whatever bright blue the sedans had) so it almost blends in.

DOUBLE POST FTMFW