Turbo manifolds

GTP091

Is anyone working on turbo headers or manifolds right now? I've been looking at getting a t4 on my LQ1 for awhile now but was wondering if there's anybody developing a set. I know there's a few guys on here with custom setups. Likely I'll develop my own but would be nice if some collaboration was available if someone already started.

Not sure what STS is. a manufacturer? I googled it and ststurbo.com came up. This company is kind of a joke. All they do is remote mount turbo kits. hack...

Edited by GTP091

IIRC, with the DOHC 3.4, you can run a second front manifold on the rear, flipped. It's not the best for flow, but it's definitely the easiest. From there, just fabricate a crossover and down-pipe. You're definitely on your own, unless one of the handful of people that have a turbo DOHC setup decide to sell them.

Not sure what STS is. a manufacturer? I googled it and ststurbo.com came up. This company is kind of a joke. All they do is remote mount turbo kits. hack...

Are you fuckin serious??? STS is a very highly respected company and anyone who knows anything about turbos knows STS. Far from a hack!

Are you fuckin serious??? STS is a very highly respected company and anyone who knows anything about turbos knows STS. Far from a hack!

don't twist your nuts over it. Everything I've read so far about remote mounted turbos says they're cheap options with little pros and lots of cons, STS doesn't even talk about fuel management. I'd rather use a turbo system that didn't have to compensate for design deficiencies. Have you ever seen a factory turbo remotely mounted? hmm...

IIRC, with the DOHC 3.4, you can run a second front manifold on the rear, flipped. It's not the best for flow, but it's definitely the easiest. From there, just fabricate a crossover and down-pipe. You're definitely on your own, unless one of the handful of people that have a turbo DOHC setup decide to sell them.

I've seen this on a few LQ1s so far. Looks like a good place to start I suppose. I know there's lots of fiero guys that have done custom manifolds on LQ1's but the piping is usually for a different routing.

Ya I've been watching his build for awhile now from stock manifolds to the tubes he's building now. But thanks for posting it. I was wondering if anyone was doing it on here. guess not.

No, STS does not deal with fueling themselves. They can sell you a tuner for many applications, but in your case you'll be on your own. Like you are going to be anyway.....

What are the cons of the system? And please, dont say turbo lag.