GMFORUMS...SOLD????

GrandPrix34

damn, i just witnessed the destruction of the GMForums.com first hand...wow, i need a t-shirt saying "I was there..."

sorry just trying to sober up the mood...

I completely agree with you guys, that was the 1st thing that popped into my head when i read that. Does the site stay running threw post counts? Who actually BOUGHT the forum?

I guess there was more behind-the-forum drama than any of us regulars knew about...well i wasn't actually a regular poster but i was almost always there reading up and stuff.....

I know you don't feel bad about leaving a Dictatorship, but hey...least it wasnt as bad as PlanetGP.com....that forum bombed

It just sucks that 60 degree was taken with it, cause I sure as hell rarely checked the rest of GMF! And Lunatic was always harsh like that to his "minions" I swear he ran that place like a fraudulent business!

I now would like to offer a temporary location for 60 degree V6, everyone else (Do I have to name people?) please, you dont have to go home but you got to get the hell out of here. That includes you, Shawn! :lol:

edit: nevermind.....

:shock: The guy wanted MORE traffic, I'm hoping for LESS!

I just received email today that I exceeded my monthly 16GB transfer quota by 600 megs this month!

I hate to say it, but I may have to start selling banner ad space.

This hobby is getting expensive! :shock:

Hell no, I hate popups with a passion. Banner ads at the most... and that's assuming anyone will actually want to advertise on a W-body site (I doubt it).

I'll see how October goes. Maybe September was an unusually busy month for some reason.

brad, thanks for gettin that up as i posted my .02 and went to bed last night.

i'm glad i didnt catch that $hit last night or i'd have gone to be d even more pissed off than i did.

time to pick up the peices and move on - far far away from that guy.

It's ashame it had to go down like that. The funny thing is that there was a time where I would have been upset and felt forsaken, but I really don't care. Ever since Lunatic didn't show up at the GMF cruise last year, my opinion of him changed, and as alot of the "regulars" began to post less or leave completely I posted less and less, then checked the board less and less until not at all. Just lost a connection and moved on. It will be interesting to see what happens with the domain. I'm sorry about you 60*V6 guys losing your site:(.

Alright..I'm confused. Now who did he acutally sell the domain to? Nobody could have bought it out from under him...since it was renewed the 3rd of September. :?

http://www.internic.ca/whois.asp?domain=gmforums.com&wserver=whois.internic.ca

And this pisses me off just a bit....60* V6 was a good resource....and now it's gone :cry: Yeah..I know...the DB is still there. But that phpBB isn't going to be able to read the DB from the Vbulliten boards that GmForums used. :shock: :(

Shawn,

Are you looking into other Hosting services that offer more transfer rate monthly?

I'm open to any and all suggestions. Back when I was looking, Dixiesys (who I'm using right now) was the cheapest. They used to have "half-price" sales quite frequently. I started with their cheapest service and had to upgrade to a business account within a couple months! Now it looks like I might have to upgrade to an enterprise corporate account or something. :shock:

I just read those threads DykZ34 posted.

Man, that LunaticSS guy is a dick! I don't know what gives him the right to rag on the mods like that... unless they're fulltime paid employees, he has no right to complain. Obviously the forums are not a hobby for him, I take it the income from them is his fulltime job? Well, he can go out and WORK all day like the rest of us!

If 60v6 wants a permanent home here, they're more than welcome. It wouldn't be simple since obviously bandwidth would increase to the point where I'd have to go up to the next tier with my provider, but that could be worked out. Of course, if the 60v6 guys want their own server that's cool too, but I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone was hesitant to ask. I pretty much stay out of the way and let mods run things the way they see fit.

What an asshole that guy is! Nice of somebody to give the 60 degree v6 forum a temporary home. I think that Ben is the man when it comes to this stuff, I've learned an awful lot from his area.

I tried to register, but got that damn invalid session error. What's up with that anyways?

www.dykz34.com/other/gmf

Read up everyone.

Dayummmm.. That sounds just like the SEGPA...Had the same problem there... Only it was too many heads thinking they had all the power.. And thinking reg. members where shit and they (officers) were more important than the members. The only time the members became important is when money was needed for the club... As President of SEGPA, I tired to tell the 3 power hungry officers that you don't have a club if you don't care what the members want. They didn't listen. And SEGPA is now GONE.

can we start a paypal donation for either a new forum or expanded W-body.com forum?

I will surely donate to the cause...

You mean to help Shawn out? I'll donate to that.

You mean to put 60*v6 on here? I don't have one, but I'll donate to that.

Do you think this forum needs expansion? I sure don't. I have never been happier at a message board.