Crazy idea

gpchris

I really really like the late 90's 17x9" 5 spokes that are on the firebirds. I know they have a 5x120 bolt pattern but what if i use some 115 to 120 wheel adapters? Will they stick out too far? Id like to see them poke out a little more than they do now but the adapters usually space out the wheel 1" minimum but depending on the offset of the f-body rim it may work. Anybody know for sure?

EDIT*

I remember seeing a lumina(ithink) with c5 corvette rims. Looked like the offset was perfect. And they have the 1x120 pattern like the fbodys. So say the adapters are 1" and the offset is .5" less then that will only space them out like .5" from factory which would be absolutely perfect.

Edited by gpchris

are these the ones that look like the GP 5 spokes? I did some searching and those appear to have a 50mm offset.

http://www.firebirdnation.com/forums/topic/182595-wheel-offset-fitment/

Looks like it will work...by guestimating. you could easily do the calcs to see if thats what you want. I think your wheels are 6.5" wide with 38mm offset. There, you have the info, now figure it out.

So, ironically I was looking through last year's pictures of a show I'm going to today...and found this

IMG_7344.JPG

C4 with what looks like GP GTX wheels? I'll try to see if he shows up today and get a lot of pictures, if that helps you out at all!

IF they are 50mm and you can find slim bolt pattern adapters that are no more than an inch wide, that would make the offset about 25mm, same as crosslaces.

IF they are 50mm and you can find slim bolt pattern adapters that are no more than an inch wide, that would make the offset about 25mm, same as crosslaces.

That coupled with the fact that they are 9" wide, not 8" would make them stick out 1/2" more than crosslaces stock. Isn't that about what people like to do for wheel fitment on these cars?

That coupled with the fact that they are 9" wide, not 8" would make them stick out 1/2" more than crosslaces stock. Isn't that about what people like to do for wheel fitment on these cars?

The rim of the wheel would stick out more, but the edge of the tire would be about the same due to the same offset. The tire will just have less bulge in the sidewall. If you were looking from the front or rear of the car, the position of the tire would be exactly the same.

The rim of the wheel would stick out more, but the edge of the tire would be about the same due to the same offset. The tire will just have less bulge in the sidewall. If you were looking from the front or rear of the car, the position of the tire would be exactly the same.

This is true

That's the thing. I can get adapters in both 1" and 1 1/4". I'd like to space them out a little over stock.

That's the thing. I can get adapters in both 1" and 1 1/4". I'd like to space them out a little over stock.