Thinking about another LQ1 car.

9lumina6

Now that I'm back to full time....I've been debating the idea of picking up a cheap (somewhat decent shape) LQ1 car that I can drive for fun/work on. Noticed these on craigslist here in the area.

92 Z34

http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/1808404142.html

95 GTP

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/1837706064.html

Some Z34 w/ a blown motor

http://syracuse.craigslist.org/cto/1766656987.html

Another Z34 that wont start (unknown price)

http://watertown.craigslist.org/cto/1789553689.html

If anyone has any input on one that you or someone you know has that's a reasonable distance from Western NY state and cheap....let me know

I would have to say 5-speed Z34 or GTP, Chip it and toss some 96 intakes on.

Or 97 Z34. (I say 97 because the 4T65-E replaced the 60-E that year, They make headers for it, And the ability to tune with HPT.)

Just my .02. :)

I would have to say 5-speed Z34 or GTP, Chip it and toss some 96 intakes on.

Or 97 Z34. (I say 97 because the 4T65-E replaced the 60-E that year, They make headers for it, And the ability to tune with HPT.)

Just my .02. :)

There is a 97 Z34 for sale in the buffalo area (no pic tho) IIRC they want 1400 for it. I would love another black LQ1 Monte. And I do have the Powrtuner that could work with it. That car is a little out of my price range tho.....I'm not looking to spend more than $1000

I'm very tempted on calling about that red 92 Z34 tomorrow after work.

i was going to state this for the exact same reasoning... it also has the lightweight lifters IIRC...

be nice to see it boosted too.... the LQ1 loves it some pressure.

What about the regal? Your gonna have 3 cars now lol

I'm keeping the Regal. Putting headers and a 3.6'' pulley on it. It's just too nice to drive thru another winter. I'll most likely end up storing it with the GTP this coming winter. I'd just like to find an older W w/ an LQ1 to play around with....and come fall find some POS little 4 cyl 5spd late 80's/early 90's pickup for a few hundred bucks for a winter beater.

I'm thinking i'm going to save up some more $ and wait to find a decent 5 spd Z34 or GTP and play around w/ it. I would love to find a nice 97 Z34....but i think a 5 spd lumina or GTP (if i could even find one) would be my 1st choice.

You're soon going to have a barn full of nice-weather cars and no money for a beater. :laugh:

lol....yeah ill be storing 2..possibly 3 cars this coming winter....but you can find cheap old trucks around here that are rusty but run solid for less than $1000...they are a dime a dozon around here.

You're soon going to have a barn full of nice-weather cars and no money for a beater. :laugh:

That's the only way to roll :lol:

Why would you ever want ANOTHER LQ1

I enjoyed my 95 Z34 that I had....and kick myself in the ass every day for selling it a year and a half ago. It ran amazing. I just kinda want another one to screw around with. I already have 2 L67's....and I love them but I kinda want something different as another toy.

Buck....is the car completely driveable from Missouri to NY?

A week ago, yes I would've trusted it anywhere. But at the moment I think it needs an ICM. I'm expecting a used one in the mail, we'll see if that fixes it. But yeah that's the only major problem

A week ago, yes I would've trusted it anywhere. But at the moment I think it needs an ICM. I'm expecting a used one in the mail, we'll see if that fixes it. But yeah that's the only major problem

hmm....i sent ya a pm.