Got a few questions

99screaminregal

Okay, having a few issues with the Cutty lately so I thought I'd post here instead of all over the place.

1992 Cutlass Sup. w/LQ1 (for those that wanna know/ don't know)

1. Been getting this noise from around the front end (could be rear, who knows) that sounds like I

have mudders for tires but, not as loud. Goes from 5-65 mph. I do hear 2 noises, tire wear due

to not having it lined up after a few repairs. And a constant growl, almost like hub bearings.

Rotation done, sound still in same location. Here's what I've done since last year.

-Replaced front hubs, took noise out. Knew they needed replaced when I bought the car.

-Had replaced front rotors and pads later. Now worn out again, think my calipers need replaced

grooved rotor right in center and pads look odd for wear (like caliper wear pics showed at Auto Zone)

-Replaced 2 tires w/ used due to non alignment after parts replacements. All 4 balanced and rotation

done.

-Had 2 alignments done so far and rotated tires again. 1st took care of tire squeal from front end

parts replacement. Came back before 2nd, still there after. Like I said earlier, rotation didn't change

anything.

-Replaced drive shafts next (one a few months back and the other just a few weeks ago), still doing it.

Did notice the hub spun a little too much for my liking when I did the 2nd. Could Bearings be shot

already?? Advance Auto bearings is what I put in. Did that last summer cuz the warranty is up.

-New tranny fluid and filter replaced a few months ago. No shavings or anything found, just dirty, old

fluid.

2. Having some issues of power rob. Think it's my exhaust due to the fact the piping is rust pitted

badly, the car seemed to have set for a while due to a good bit of rust I found when I bought it last

year.

My thought is the cat. Reason, the exhaust note is almost silent in compare to last summer.

I put a WAI on it and it had a nice throaty sound. Now it's almost silent when you open the throttle.

Also, when climbing a hill, it seems like it has a ton of lead weighing it down and really have to give

it some pedal to make it up.

It's also really hot inside the car after driving. Blows hot air even when vent is set on cold. Almost

as if heat isn't escaping fast enough from engine (Do know I need A/C serviced but R-12 is freaking

expensive at this shop in town, thinking about retro fitting). Not overheating but goes a little over

200* while sitting for a minute or so and cools off when the fans come on. May need a stat.

3. Getting a buzzing sound from the left front (or so I think) at low idle (btwn 10-5 mph), almost

sounds like Morse Code, until I put it in park. Then it stops. Annoying!

Other than that it's pretty good all over.

Sorry this was so long. Just wanted to cover as much as possible.

I'll try to post a video of the buzzing. Don't think I can get one of the humm while driving, probably won't pick up on camera but, I'll try.