my trip to the pull a part

visitor

Well, I seem to go to my local pull a part about once a weekend, as they add cars just as fast. Went today, found a few useful things-

54c27ad0.jpg

A couple of DIC's for mid 90's gp's (I have no use for these as my car is a 93, however thought I would pick them up, as it seems someone around here would have a use for them!

HUD light switch for same model cars (this came out of a 4 door grand prix "gt" Which ive never heard of!)

I can go back and get the actual unit/dash pad if someone tells me how to do so, but again I cant use it, so bleh

24918c4c.jpg

A good condition glove box out of a 91 4 door le model gp, with non broken tabs (score for me!, haha)

and this is my favorite part-

e9b3325f.jpg

Hood off the before mentioned grand prix "gt" 4 door. a few dings, but no worse than my current, and it has the vents i want for my ste!!

Now that that boring stuff is out of the way, I can ask- what was the grand prix "gt" sedan? was it maybe a replacement for the ste? It had the floor shift, a sunroof, a heads up display, leather, dic, a 3.4 liter engine, etc. (was actually a shame as it only had 41k miles on it, and pull a part wouldnt sell me the whole car.. no body damage other than a missing trim piece and door dings) Anyhow, was it a limited edition? rare at all?

364cb92b.jpg

d3916d06.jpg

Wow 41k miles? Poor car led an early death. It was pretty much a replacement for the STE I believe. Nothing really "special" or "rare" per say, but not common by any means.

Wow 41k miles? Poor car led an early death. It was pretty much a replacement for the STE I believe. Nothing really "special" or "rare" per say, but not common by any means.

thanks, I have never seen one before, def. cool!

This hood will look great on my ste! (I guess the 3.4 ste's didnt get the grills in them?)

The only STEs to get hood louvers from the factory were the 1000 McLaren Turbo versions in '90, and they were the longer/bigger version louvers. Excellent find, though!

The only STEs to get hood louvers from the factory were the 1000 McLaren Turbo versions in '90, and they were the longer/bigger version louvers. Excellent find, though!

Ah makes sense. Thats ok though, I like these louvers juuuust fine. Add in I paid 57 bucks out the door for all this stuff, and i felt pretty dang good!

for those DIC's, if they are 96's you'll have better luck selling them than 94/95, which are a little more common. I am still sitting on two 94/95 ones and so far no interest in them. You might be able to sell the HUD setup as a package deal, and those tend to go for a little bit of money.

Here's one that didn't sell for $120: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-95-96-PONTIAC-GRAND-PRIX-HUD-Heads-UP-DISPLAY-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e5c6bb1b3QQitemZ130399580595QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories