94 - 95 GTP 3.4L Pics Request

bronze93

I'm looking for some pics in the area of the coolant bottle by the PCM. The PO just didn't put stuff back the way it should be. I've got wires laying all over the place but the connectors have push plugs. So there has to be holes from them to mount to. Also, the coolant line that is over there, the one that runs toward the back of the engine, is rubbing against the pulleys so that would need a way to pull it towards the frame. Thanks in advance,

Thanks for the Pics. I seem to be missing a cover for the pcm plugs (circled in green).

Where do these connectors (Circled in Yellow) mount?

This one is a little hard to see but it's the hose that comes from the water pump to the rear of the engine. Where does it mount so it doesn't rub against the AC compressor pulley?

Thanks for the pics. Really wish I could find a GTP with 3.4l in the junkyard. Alot of things can be straightened out by looking at it. Is the bracket on the coolant line actually part of the line?

the heater core return line is what you are looking at. You can see yours has been cut and patched before, thus the reason it is kicking out. ziptie time.

Where do these connectors (Circled in Yellow) mount?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1311[/ATTACH]

Those are the injector harnesses. Good for when removing the engine. It looks like your harness has been moved and bastardized. It should be loosely taped up and run around the back close to the firewall. I would strongly suggest taping it up and re-looming it so the flopping and bouncing it will be doing; doesn't cause a break. You'll find yourself back on here with no start or drivability issues if your injector harness gets damaged. It should have a loom clip attached to the strut tower, manufactures tie the wires down for a reason.

you guys should also take a tooth brush and some armor all to your engine bays; do some before and after pics for us. Im afraid to look again but there was some leaves in those pictures. shameful...

Wouldn't the Cutlass LQ1 look the same under the hood? That would give you another vehicle to seek out...

Those are the injector harnesses. Good for when removing the engine. It looks like your harness has been moved and bastardized. It should be loosely taped up and run around the back close to the firewall. I would strongly suggest taping it up and re-looming it so the flopping and bouncing it will be doing; doesn't cause a break. You'll find yourself back on here with no start or drivability issues if your injector harness gets damaged. It should have a loom clip attached to the strut tower, manufactures tie the wires down for a reason.

you guys should also take a tooth brush and some armor all to your engine bays; do some before and after pics for us. Im afraid to look again but there was some leaves in those pictures. shameful...

Can you get me some pics of the routing for the wiring is supposed to go? I just got the car a little while ago some I'm trying to get everything straightened out and then I'll get to the cleaning part. What a pain some PO's can be. I've found various locations of parts and or bolts missing so the going is slow. Thanks.

Are you asking about the routing of the injector harness? If so, I can help, I've just replaced the LIM gaskets on my '95 LQ1, and haven't put the plenum back in place. Let me know if this is what you're asking for, and I'll take some pictures.

Any pics possible of the wire harnesses routing would be great. I haven't found any 3.4L in the junkyards to reference from and AllData doesn't have anything real helpful either.

I've not forgotten you, been working 12-14 hour days...I'll get the pics as soon as possible, most likely tomorrow, because I'd like to get the car put together again before I take yet another business trip to the other side of the country...

the "injector harness" connectors right near the computer have those funny gray pins on one side, I can see at least one of them in the pics above. those go into the struts brace holes... which seem to be missing from your strut brace....

No problem with the pics. I haven't had time to work on the car lately, my son is in the MD state baseball championship this week. I haven't seen any pics the the strut brace with 3 holes for the harness to plug into. I have one hole in mine.