ATTENTION SHAWN LIN! "GnatGoSplat"

Gearhead43

Shawn,

Last time you sent me the 1990 STE DIC electrical schematics of the DIC only..... I found an STE at the junkyard with everything on it.. I ripped out the ENTIRE DIC /Interface harness back to the C200 and other firewall connectors... Now I need your help...

First, I need all the electrical schematics dealing with the DIC/Interface/Lamp Module connections so I can label and make sense of that mess sitting on my floor here! Took over 5 hours to tear down the dash and painstakenly disconnect EVERY wire that went to the Firewall connections. I cut only the few wires splicing into the main harness.

On the Interface harness, there a small gray plastic box with wires going to the interface module and to the main harness in the GP... What is that? The Lamp Module??

FYI... The DIC wiring goes to the Firewall connector C200 and others. Only one ground wire spilces to the interior harness.

The Interface wiring, UGH!!! Goes EVERYWHERE!! To the C200, to the other firewall connectors, to the Gray box, and to the main harness.

I am going to attempt the feat of wiring this baby to my GP and make it work correctly for a 2 door....

Beside the electrical schematics, if you know of someone that works for NASA, Gimmie their number! :-)

Thanks for your help!!! If others can help that would be a plus!!!

My email is Gearhead43@prodigy.net

i was going to, but then i remembered...

...so my maturity shone throuhg and i refrianed from saying something stupid :lol:

your maturity?.... funny, didnt you say you were going to, but then realized it was old and over done? If your maturity was the factor, then it would have gone something like "I was going to say that but im more mature than that", not "but i remembered it was said before."

its funny when people contradict themselves when trying to make a point or in Aarons case, act "mature" :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Justin

Gearhead43,

A few weeks ago I borrowed a GM service manual for my car (5'' inches thick) from my local public library. You should check to see if your local library has some service manuals for your car.

Ummm You guys need to READ the ENTIRE POST>>

it says If others can help that would be a plus!!!

It wasnt meant just for Shawn.. .

I didn't search .. Why? ..is there ANY of youy that have wired up a STE DIC WITH the INTERFACE>....???? :oops: :shock: :lol:

Gearhead43,

A few weeks ago I borrowed a GM service manual for my car (5'' inches thick) from my local public library. You should check to see if your local library has some service manuals for your car.

that is interesting and well i might have to make a trip to the library

Monty

Guest TurboSedan
shut up.

:lol: :lol: that was a good one!

i went to my public library and copied their Mitchell wiring diagrams for my car....actually two cars, a '91 Cutlass & '90 Grand Prix since i'm using a '90 GP engine wiring harness in my car. those diagrams come in VERY useful! i probably couldn't have done my HUD install without it (not to mention ALOT of help from Shawn & Taylor). i have DIC physically installed into my dash now, but haven't wired it up yet. wiring DIC looks pretty simple tho. try wiring up the Auto Climate Control option (ask Brian P)....now that would be a PITA in comparison to DIC or HUD. i decided not to install ACC because i'm removing my A/C anyway for a bigger intercooler and less weight. well i'm rambling. later folks

joshua

I don't think some of you who posted here saying to use the search, fully understand what is involved here.

The regular 2 door DIC has been done countless of times. It does involve alot of wiring for the 88-93 GP's because GM almost NEVER used the harness with the DIC pigtails.. And I think I found out WHY. I'll explain:

The DIC wiring for both the LCD & the VFD DIC was run on a deadicated harness from the C200 firewall connector... I have also found out that ANYONE can install that harness to hook up a DIC in a non-DIC equipped 88-93 GP WITHOUT MAKING a SINGLE wire cut or splice. I have 2 complete harnesses I can sale to anyone who is thinking of adding a DIC. It will make the DIC a plug and play adventure. ( Alot easier than wiring up crap).

The 4 door STE VFD DIC is a totally different ballgame guys. It has 3 harness' that run all over the car!!! To both sides of the Firewall connectors AND not just the C200...I took me more than 5 hours to remove the entire dash out of the junkcar to trace as much wiring as possible. And cut ONLY the wires that were spilced into the main harness. All other wires were followed until I reached their termination points and unhooked from there. That way all I will need to do is reinsert the connectors upon determining it's location. And only a few wires will actually need to be spilced in.

I am doing a how-to install on the 2 door DIC wiring harness that will make adding a DIC to a 88-93 GP a plug and play mod. It's not hard at all once you know where the main connector plugs into the back of the C200. All the wires are contained in it. And it also has the new cigarette lighter harness included . (Plugs into the DIC harness). This information will be available shortly on my 88-93 GP website.

Your doing a good deed Dave.. I hope to install that same style of DIC someday, it'll make it easier for those of us that aren't as familiar with the wiring in the cars..