Separating lenses from the plastic on 2nd gen corners

AL

I need to take my good lens off of a bad corner marker and put it on my new corners which one has a broken lens, How do I separate them without breaking either piece

I need to take my good lens off of a bad corner marker and put it on my new corners which one has a broken lens, How do I separate them without breaking either piece

Aren't the corners a complete piece like this?? My regal has two little nuts that you remove from under the hood area. Not sure about 2nd gens but it looks like it is similar.

http://www.carpartswholesale.com/images/cpw_performance/thumbs200/replacement/18-5036-01.jpg

If you really want to try it, bake it in the oven around 250*F for about 20-25 minutes. That should loosen the epoxy up. I did that with my clears but when I resealed them I didn't do a good enough job so I'll end up doing it again. And have fun pulling the stock epoxy out, it's a bitch! Just a FYI sometimes on ebay a L and R set of headlights + corners can be had for around $70.

If you really want to try it, bake it in the oven around 250*F for about 20-25 minutes. That should loosen the epoxy up. .

That's been the best bet from what I've read. The old epoxy is a PITA, though.

Nah it should be fine. Since it's at a relatively low temperature(for the oven at least, haha). Maybe try it at a lesser time if you're still uncertain. And yeah, just pry the lens apart from the housing.

If you can get your hands on a good heat gun....that would work too. Just don't set the temp too high where you will warp the good lens. But the oven trick sounds like it would work just fine.

You'll want something for your hands when you pull it from the oven. I think I just used some work gloves, grabbed a screw driver (flat...duh) and started prying the two apart. I did end up using a hairdryer to get the old epoxy out though. I would recommend using the hairdryer for pulling them apart as that's REALLY hard on the hairdryer and the electrical system in your house.