Key in chime indicator removal?-1993 gp ste

visitor

Ok, I replaced my ignition cylinder (the keys to my car were lost long ago) and after much fighting, I FINALLY got the new one in. Great, right? Key goes in, turns to all 3 positions. Here is the problem- The dang key in chime keeps playing. In a bit more detail- door open or closed, does not matter. Key in ignition, turned to off- plays, Key NOT in ignition, turned to off- plays. Key in run- DOES NOT play. Key in acc. plays. Now, if you tighten the setscrew JUUUUST right it works correctly for a minute, but then goes right back at it. I notice there are 2 wires that run from the side the setscrew screws on, around to the actual cylinder.. Are those the chime? Can I just remove those? really dont care to have the dang chime anyhow, its not a problem to me. Or alternatly, Is there a module somewhere i can just remove? Of course, if someone has other suggestions to fix it "properly" I will sure listen to that too! A bit of backstory on the car- I bought it as it was sitting in a field for 350 dollars (one of my favorite all time cars, they are hard to find i know, so i saw it and snagged it!)) The guy I bought it from has a business cleaning up forclosed properties, this was left behind at a house, with bad timing belt. no keys, of course. It has been last registered in 2006. Anyhow- the guy I bought it from removed the old ignition himself (to get it out of gear he claimed) So I am left piecing together the column from a pile of bolts. I bought a haynes repair manual, which im afraid is going to be my new best friend, LOL!

Anyhow, ANY help in this is appriciated! (and again, If there is just a module or something I can pop out, thats fine with me!

I believe that green wire is to the chime module. The chime module itself is located in the fuse block underneath the dash on the passenger side. You'll need to remove the "hush panel" from underneath that side of the dash to access it. It should be brown in color and a few inches long.