Nice photos of the Intrigue 442

IRONDOG442

IMO it'd look tons better without the gold stripe down the sides. But it's still a sweet car! Does he own both of those verts too?

Were the verts done by Olds, I thought the guy with the red one built that himself?

I like that the heat extractors on the red and white vert are the same as the GP Special Edition ones on the 2002 ish cars.

looks nice, but I would have liked to see an emblem on the cluster and maybe a manual trans. Nice to see a northstar though

is 442 just the name you gave it or is the meaning there? cuz im not seeing 4 barrel carbs with it being fuel injected or true duals (although the pics dont completely show). looks amazing either way but just curious.

With out being too much of a dickhead don't you see the 442 logos all over the car? Did you see all the pictures. Since the car has a w-25 fiberglass hood, a 1969 hurst olds spoiler 1970 442 grilles grafted into the front bumper and a 600 hp 4.6 liter Nortstar engine GM could pretty much call it whatever it likes.

And for the record the name "442" changed from year to year based on options offered each year.

"442" was just an option package and not its own model untul 1968 prior to that it was the B09 police apprehender package and then the w-29 package not until 1968 was a "442" its own model.

Heres the breakdiwn

1964- 4 speed 4 barrel dual exhaust 4 speed manual was the only option

1965- a 3 speed automatic was availble so they changed it to 400 cubic inch engine 4 barrel dual exhaust

1966 same as 1965

1967 same as 1965

1968 same as 1965

1969 same as 1965

1970 455 was offered in 1970 so it was a 455 4 barrel dual exhaust

1971 same as 1970

1972 350 v-8 was an option on the 442 so it basically was a trim package in 1972

1973 WHO FUCKIN CARES?!?!?!

thats what i was wondering. gm didnt call it that he did . oh and yeah i must have missed the pics with everything sayin 442 so sorry i didnt have my glasses on when i was reading the thread.

is 442 just the name you gave it or is the meaning there? cuz im not seeing 4 barrel carbs with it being fuel injected or true duals (although the pics dont completely show). looks amazing either way but just curious.

4 overhead cams

4 valves per cylinder

2 exhausts (dual exhaust)

4 overhead cams

4 valves per cylinder

2 exhausts (dual exhaust)

if thats the standard then my cutlass is a 442 cuz i got those same options

i wasnt tryin to be a dick when i asked the question i just wanted to see if he had any backing to the badging or if he just slapped it on there

442 was used to mean a lot of different things. Heck, they even called the 90-91 Cutlass Calais with the Quad 4 a 442: 4 cylinder, 4 valves per cylinder, dual camshafts.

if thats the standard then my cutlass is a 442 cuz i got those same options

i wasnt tryin to be a dick when i asked the question i just wanted to see if he had any backing to the badging or if he just slapped it on there

Well, the Intrigue 442 WAS a Concept car, so I doubt any official meaning was released.

Taking into account the Northstar, it could also mean:

4 overhead camshafts

4 cylinders per bank

2 exhausts

Edited by Z34guy

Now THAT is a gorgeous car. I like it a lot, but I don't care too much for the two front grills. I know, those were 442 exclusives, but it makes the poor thing look gap toothed, like a vehicular version of Madonna. ::) That's the only flaw that sticks out though, otherwise, it's awesome. Not sure if I'd want it myself, but at least it harkens back to an important part of Oldsmobile history.

Now THAT is a gorgeous car. I like it a lot, but I don't care too much for the two front grills. I know, those were 442 exclusives, but it makes the poor thing look gap toothed, like a vehicular version of Madonna. ::) That's the only flaw that sticks out though, otherwise, it's awesome. Not sure if I'd want it myself, but at least it harkens back to an important part of Oldsmobile history.

says the woman who's contemplated a northstar swap into her own Intrigue. That Intrigue has the 4.6L Northstar V8.