leak near or at oil filter

npfd

I posted some stuff on this a while back.

The car, 97 CS 3100 with 206,000 km, for the last few years the oil filter guard, plastic piece underneath the oil filter is always moist/wet with engine oil. We tightened the oil filter quite a bit by hand, and even about 1/8 with the wrench, the thing is now I can't get it any tighter, I would need a lot of force. The leaking is less now, but curious if there is something else we should be looking at. Is there some kind of seal behind where the oil filter screws in on the block or anything else?

The valve cover seems fine, as in doesn't seem to be any leaks from there.

Put a new filter on??? 3/4-1 turn from when it contacts the block.

The oil pressure sender is rigght there, they are known to leak like a siv. Unplug the connector for it and im sure youll see it wet with oil.

Make sure you don't have an old oil filter gasket stuck to where the filter seats on the block. I always make sure when I remove my filter during an oil change that the filter I took off is not missing its gasket before I start screwing the new filter on. More often then you would think, the gasket will still be stuck to the block!

Thanks, we make sure that the old gasket is off, last time we did....... we checked the sender pressure unit, didn't seem like there is anything leaking from there... around the oil filter seems dry too. But the oil lip below is gunky as if oil had been spilled recently.

Also I found some oil on top of the AC compressor... btw we took off the ac hoses last year..

I've also noticed that its quite gunked up alongside the passenger side of the oil filer and noticed another sensor thing, could it be leaking from there? I have no idea what that extra sensor is.

Thanks