Cruise not working

Addicted2bass

When i bought the TGP it didnt have a cruise servo in it. I pulled one out of the j/y last year and finally got around to putting it in over the weekend. Everything is connected but its doesnt work. I swapped out the cruise module under the dash to. Still nothing. Is there a way to test the servo? Or to test the multifunction stalk? Also what other cars had the same stalk as my car? 88-93 GPs are next to impossible to find in yards around here. Im driving to Virginia Beach tommorrow and cruise would be really nice to have!

I got the cruise working. The car had no check valve, grabbed one from the j/y and it works great! Except for one thing. The brake will not disengage the cruise. I can brake normally but when i let off the pedal the car accelerates back to whatever speed the cruise is set to. I tried swapping out the cruise computer and the stalk. For some reason the cruise isnt seeing the brake. I cant see any broken or damaged wires. Ideas?

I thought our cars had a vacuum release connected to the brake pedal to disengage the cruise...? :think:

I might be mistaken. I often am.

I thought our cars had a vacuum release connected to the brake pedal to disengage the cruise...? :think:

I might be mistaken. I often am.

actually, on a 89TGP, you're entirely correct.

and when the brake pedal is pressed, a signal from the brake light/cruise cut-off switch should tell it to vent...