gtp or gt? which do i choose

1uvakind

ok i need a little help....

i have a little problem

i have a chance to pick up either a 2000 grand prix gtp or a 2000 grand prix gt, both with about the same mileage.

obviously the gtp is more expensive.... now we know both come with the same 3800 but the gtp has the factory supercharger.

do i just go for the gt right now and add an aftermarket supercharger or turbo later down the line, or do i go with the gtp?

is there anything extra other than the supercharger that i get with a gtp that i couldn't get with just the gt.

what would be better in the long run?

The GTP, no doubt. Two reasons...

1.) Adding a supercharger to the 3.8 Liter Series II V6 [L36] is more involved with parts that you first think.

2.) Everything for power [L67] is out there, you just need to increase flow + efficency.

Play hard ball and hopefully come up on top; best of luck to you!

- Erik

and the 3800 with and without the blower are nto the same. the L7(blower) has a SLIGHTLY hotter cam, and stronger parts throughout. so youd be better off modifying the 3.8SC, less chance of a catastrophe, such as a spun bearing :evil:

• 1 year later...
This is an old post, but for what it's worth....he did get the GTP(a silver Daytona or "special edition" one, he put airbags and some other stuff on it from what I can remember).

holy hell, what's up with pulling threads outta wbody achives tonight?

i can't even see why this would have been a post...who would be stupid enuf to get a GT over a GTP if they had the chance....i don't think many people

seriously.....leave the old threads that serve no purpose now alone...I don't want to see another ancient meaniless thread resurrected without reason

This is an old post, but for what it's worth....he did get the GTP(a silver Daytona or "special edition" one, he put airbags and some other stuff on it from what I can remember).

i can't even see why this would have been a post...who would be stupid enuf to get a GT over a GTP if they had the chance....i don't think many people

Must be the newbs pulling up old posts. I hope 1uvakind doesn't mind, but I found some of his pics on clubgp(in a really recent thread, maybe he'll chime in over here if he sees the post).

http://www.atruscorp.com/images/upload_425da1a0b3937.JPG

http://www.atruscorp.com/images/upload_425da12ccffec.JPG

http://www.atruscorp.com/images/upload_425da12ce5b7b.JPG

Looks sweet, I wonder what wheels he put on the Cutty now since those appear to be the cutty's old wheels.