Possible new project car/DD. 91 Cutlass Sedan.

LukeZ34

Thinking about buying a 91 Cutlass sedan as a project car.. My step brother owns it now, and bought it from my dad who bought it new. I feel a little crazy for even thinking about this, but it has sentimental value.It was the first car I ever drove, and it was the first new car my parents bought before my mom passed away back in 91.

109K, dark blue exterior, blue interior. Bench seat, UB3 dash, 3.1 w/ auto, factory dual exhaust, Power windows, locks and mirrors, factory fog lights.

Exterior is rough, both rear doors have slight damage. Clearcoat on the hood, roof and trunk is shot. Runs good and drives good. But suspension is worn out and the PS pump might need replaced.

All I can think about when I look at it is a turbo 3.1 w/ a 5 speed, bucket seats and a light grey or charcoal interior, tinted windows and fresh paint.

2 things that are keeping me from doing this..

1) availability of free time

2) overall value of the car.. is it really worth all the work?

parts aren't really that cheap to come by here either.. the junk yard here always wants to much $$ for the parts they have.

Pictures to come soon..

Even if it just sits there until you have the time to work on it, it'll keep some asshole from buying it and driving the ever living shit out of it. If you have the monies, I'd jump on it. You'll make the time.

As for the value aspect of it, since when were any of our cars worth more than a box of pizza rolls and a two liter of Coke anyway? :mmhmm::gr_grin:

If you have a decent place to possibly store the car until time comes around that might be an option. Another thing to think about is getting it mechanically sound before worrying about the looks of the car. I mean it does sound like quite a bit of work but assuming that things are pretty much rust free where you are it might be worth a shot. Naturally the car has next to no value but it'll be worth something to you and sometimes that means everything.

Sweet, thank you Luke!

That appears to be the twin of my CS, except mine was Maroon with what someone called the Murder Red interior, lol.

I got my Olds on CL now, so we'll see.

I feel a little crazy for even thinking about this, but it has sentimental value.It was the first car I ever drove, and it was the first new car my parents bought before my mom passed away back in 91.

I'd say that's all you need to know. You're not crazy... sentimental value is impossible to replace. Even if you don't restore it, it has emotional value to you and that's absolutely worth it. Not many people get the chance to pick up something like that.

I'd say that's all you need to know. You're not crazy... sentimental value is impossible to replace. Even if you don't restore it, it has emotional value to you and that's absolutely worth it. Not many people get the chance to pick up something like that.

The EXACT reason why I won't part with my 90. It was my grandfather's since new... I remember going with him to pick it up.. I was 4.

I am getting absolutely no bites (just spam and low-ballers) for my 98 on craigslist. This might be gone by the time I get the money together :damnit1:

I doubt it will be gone that fast.. they mentioned trading it and their saturn for a more "kid friendly" car.. but it may be a while before that happens for them. Any new updates?