Hi Beam and Low Beam

Danspeed1

Hello,

I have a 95 Chevy Monte Carlo Z34. I've had the car for the past 4-5 years and its always had really poor high and low beams. Recently I got disgusted and decided I want to tackle this little project. I would like to wire the lights so the low beams remain on even when the high beams are on. As many of you Monte and Lumina owners know, the low beams will shut off when the highs are turned on. How do I "SAFELY" overide this so both sets stay on at the same time when the highs are engaged?

DG

No offense but to me it doesn't seem like doing this will really help your issue. If it really is such a big deal your best bet is probably to install an HID kit. Also get a lens cleaning kit and use it.

It might help marginally, but it will be more advantageous to get HIDs. I just don't think it would be worth the hassle with better options out there. However if that's what you want to do, good luck. I don't know the wiring myself.

Are your headlights aimed correctly? That could be a problem too... My 97 MC has great light output so I am not sure why yours wouldnt... As for wiring them, I am not sue what you would do... Do you have to manually tun the lights on or does the autolights turn themselves on at dusk?

Don't get HID's with stock housings or you'll blind everyone with glare and die a fiery death. :roll:

There are ways to reduce the glare. I took my housings apart, masked off the vertical reflectors, and painted the top and bottom flat black. Now, the only ambient light that shines above the focal point of the beams is from the lenses, which are the old fashioned hashed design. Even then, its minimal. I stopped getting high beams back in my face after I did that mod, and everyone I drive against seems to be perfectly happy with them, and they're 55W HIDs.

But you are right, with stock unmofidied housings, you will blind everyone.