Another dual zone HVAC problem (NOT the actuator)

digitaloutsider

Okay, got another awesome problem on the Regal..

The A/C coming out of the passenger side is ice cold, yet the A/C on the driver's side is lukewarm at best. It's almost like it's blowing ambient air around. The problem is not the actuator. I have pulled the actuator off the blend door on the driver's side and manually moved it to full cold. If moved to full hot, it will do that, it just will not get cold.

Any ideas what could actually be wrong? Could the blend door inside the unit itself actually be broken? You can hear it snap shut when you manually move the adjuster..

This fucking piece of shit car..

So you manually turned the blend door to full cold and it didn't blow?

I'd say that either the blend door broke, which seems unlikely, or something is stuck inside not allowing the blend door to fully swing to the cold side. Either way the HVAC box will need to come out... meaning dash removal.

ive had simular problems on the passenger side of the regal (including the hvac unit being whacky) after i figured out the hvac unit was doing whatever it wanted to i flipped the door manually and i got luke warm air so i got a (10mm?) wrench and and really put some nuts to the flapper door and found it likes to stop in the middle unless you force it to fully turn.

Okay, seems that if you rail the gas the air will get really cold on the driver's side then eventually go back to somewhat cool again..

Shawn suggested it might be low on refrigerant, but I don't know how it could cause this.. Any opinions?

well its simple enough to check that and possibly rule that out. if i could get regalgs.org to work i know theres few topics where they name most every problem and fix that the regals encounter. Its been awhile since i read through it but i somewhat remember someone posting that one side of the car would get cooler air than the other if the refrigerant was getting low.

I am standing by my ruling. My GTP did the ame thing when I punched the gas. I added a can of 134 and it works great now. Even today after you guys left ICE COLD. Sorry about not making it the whole way home. I wasnt thinking the PM3 would crap out . I figured that trans would of way before anything else.

I'll hafta get the manifold gauges on it and see where the freon is sitting at, more I think about it more It makes sense that a lower freon charge could cause it.