thatcutteeboy

Hello W-Body family. I found a 94 vert in a local yard that's looks to have been there for it's entire life and it has the complete HUD that I need. The thing is that the doors are off of the car and there was nothing stopping the elements from getting into the car, The top is still in the up position and was sealed. Quick questions; Do you all think the HUD is still usuable on this thing? I mean is this a sealed unit? Do you all think I should just take a chance on it? What would be a good price to offer for it? Thanks

I've found one in the junkyard too one time, but the dash looked really faded and it had been exposed to the elements for a long time. I passed on it. The top was down and it was covered in snow.

what are they asking for the HUD?
They don't even know it's there or what it is. All they knew is that they had the Vert there. That's why I was asking what to offer. I'm gonna be pulling it myself.

well... typical pap prices are: dash pad $10 digital cluster $20, switch $8 I've bought a hud without the pad for $30... but this one might be kinda rotted......

well... typical pap prices are: dash pad $10 digital cluster $20, switch $8 I've bought a hud without the pad for $30... but this one might be kinda rotted......
The pad looked to be in really nice condition with no warpage. I don't think the elements could've had a chance to just sit on the dash because the top was up. Crazy do you think I should go for it.

The pad looked to be in really nice condition with no warpage. I don't think the elements could've had a chance to just sit on the dash because the top was up. Crazy do you think I should go for it.

clean it before you buy it? might be a good deal. your call!

Will do Thanks I will let you all know.
Well got the entire setup for $50. The dashpad is in very good condition once I cleaned it up. Now the bad I got my dash out and got the bracket for the hud installed and the switch for the hud in the cubbyhole and the cable was binding kept trying to get it to work the plastic where the little ball fits on both ends of the cable...........:bash: BROKE GOD DAMMMMMMMN IT. SO OK I'll just clean the unit itself up a little. Took the HUD unit apart to clean the mirrors took the adjustment mirror out cleaned both sides, now let's put in back in and......:bash:DAMMMMMN IT. IT SLIPS OUT OF MY HAND........ How many years bad luck. SO I am hoping that someone here has a switch with cable that has the part that fits in the Hud bracket and a adjustment mirror from a non functioning HUD unit. It is the bigger of the two mirrors inside the unit. The HUD came from a 94 vert.