PUlstar Spark Plugs

thatcutteeboy

Anybody ever used Pulstar Plugs in their W. I bought the Ad1i which are iridium that I am going to put in the vert. Do you all think there will be a noticable difference?

Edited by thatcutteeboy

No, odds are they are cheap shit and will end up with premature misfires.

Stick stock plugs in it and dont look back (i.e. AC Delco)

Our ignition systems are a little picky with plugs. If the different plugs interal resistance is too different (spark plugs have resistors internally) then the plug can actually kill the coil and/or ICM.

But dont fret, putting non-stock plugs in a Ford 4.6L/5.4L w/ coilover plugs and your guarenteed to start killing the already shitty coils, so it could be worse

Edited by BXX

taked to someone about pulstars last week. they lost 3 miles per gallon with them in a mustang. they stuck the stockers back in and didn't look back.

I would get thew ACDELCO rapidfire pulgs, not the cheap copper ones.

No, odds are they are cheap shit and will end up with premature misfires.

Stick stock plugs in it and dont look back (i.e. AC Delco)

Our ignition systems are a little picky with plugs. If the different plugs interal resistance is too different (spark plugs have resistors internally) then the plug can actually kill the coil and/or ICM.

But dont fret, putting non-stock plugs in a Ford 4.6L/5.4L w/ coilover plugs and your guarenteed to start killing the already shitty coils, so it could be worse

The plugs were 12.95 each. They're supposed to hold a charge within to create a better firing point. They were not cheap.

Snake oil my friend..

I can only image what the internal capacitor on them is gonna do to the cars ignition system.

Our cars stock ignition system is powerful enough to use on 9 second or less drag cars.. there's not really room for inprovement.

God damn! I've never even heard of these plugs, where'd you get em?
I got them from Advance where I work I special ordered them they were regularily $25 a piece.

I got them from Advance where I work I special ordered them they were regularily $25 a piece.

anyone who pays for them deserved what they get....

just stick in the recommened platinums and forget about them for 100K miles.

http://tsx.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=673870

good info there, basically the pulstar plug has a capicitor inside it to try to give a hotter spark...

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98382

this guy had dyno proven small gains, bur admitted he was comparing worn out plugs to new pulstars

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-tech-performance/1727425-pulstar-spark-plugs.html

Not sure If I would call them snake oil, but maybe a quicker way to make money leave your wallet.

i remember reading up on these sometime last year, and nope, they aren't worth a damn. You can show dyno runs all you want with your 1-2hp increase, but anyone will tell you that the same engine will have small variances like that run to run.

anyone who pays for them deserved what they get....

just stick in the recommened platinums and forget about them for 100K miles.

DING! DING! DING! We HAVE a WINNER!

I'd be happy to sell you $40-per-gallon gasoline, too. I promise that it'll improve your mileage and power...

Wierd-ass spark plugs are nothing new; Bosch sells plugs with multiple ground electrodes. I've got a 1955 Hot Rod magazine with ads in the back for the same thing, but with a different brand name.

Not only do the crazy designs not work all that well, but most of 'em aren't even ORIGINAL ideas.

There's a company making plug wires (Nology) with the same capacitor trick as is in your spark plugs. High schools don't teach students basic science; and companies are well-versed in how to put a positive "spin" on the product they sell.

Since when was it a good idea to go to the product's manufacturer to see if its valid?

That's like going to the website of a manufacturer that makes a $100 electric turbo (aka hairdryer) for their dyno test results, which are all fabricated and complete bogus. I wouldn't be surprised if these cause you more harm than good.

Stop feeding into all the lies. If you want more performance out of your car, ask the people who have owned and modded these cars for 5-15 years. Anyone can market a lie these days.

Since when was it a good idea to go to the product's manufacturer to see if its valid?

That's like going to the website of a manufacturer that makes a $100 electric turbo (aka hairdryer) for their dyno test results, which are all fabricated and complete bogus. I wouldn't be surprised if these cause you more harm than good.

Stop feeding into all the lies. If you want more performance out of your car, ask the people who have owned and modded these cars for 5-15 years. Anyone can market a lie these days.

I know the guy that makes the e turbos for JCWhitney he refused to let my friend test one on his car and just insists it works. Doesn't care to prove it or even make a "home video" of an install and dyno run. Yet he still sells those things. Cost as much as my cam!! None of these things seem worth it, even if they help 1%.

I just put this there so someone could read it because everyone hadn't even heard of them. By the way has anyone here ever used them. It's like everyone is going off hearsay or hesay, shesay:babble:

I just put this there so someone could read it because everyone hadn't even heard of them. By the way has anyone here ever used them. It's like everyone is going off hearsay or hesay, shesay:babble:

The only reason for that is because enough people on here have tried plugs from different manufacturers before, and have found that the stock plugs are the best ones to use period. Not that there isn't any other plugs that won't work as good...just that no one here has come across anything yet that has managed to top the stock plugs.

The only reason for that is because enough people on here have tried plugs from different manufacturers before, and have found that the stock plugs are the best ones to use period. Not that there isn't any other plugs that won't work as good...just that no one here has come across anything yet that has managed to top the stock plugs.

Which is because people can pull 450hp+ on stock plugs. Plugs will not do jack.

Precisely. I had that old '64 Galaxie, for years I used Autolite plugs. The Champion Copper Plus had just come out, and I just had to try them. Lost 2 mpg, and the car wouldn't idle when warm for more than about a minute in gear without dying. Went back to the Autolite, problem solved.

Did the same thing with my old LeBaron convertible...bought the expensive weird Bosch plugs, lost 2 mpg, and the car ran poorly. Put the Champion plugs back in that Chrysler specified, problem solved.

I'm very certain that in both cases, a better plug probably was available, I just never found it.

That being said, I'd love to hear how those PUIstar plugs worked out for you--maybe you found something---but the odds are pretty much against you.

Precisely. I had that old '64 Galaxie, for years I used Autolite plugs. The Champion Copper Plus had just come out, and I just had to try them. Lost 2 mpg, and the car wouldn't idle when warm for more than about a minute in gear without dying. Went back to the Autolite, problem solved.

Did the same thing with my old LeBaron convertible...bought the expensive weird Bosch plugs, lost 2 mpg, and the car ran poorly. Put the Champion plugs back in that Chrysler specified, problem solved.

I'm very certain that in both cases, a better plug probably was available, I just never found it.

That being said, I'd love to hear how those PUIstar plugs worked out for you--maybe you found something---but the odds are pretty much against you.

I haven't even put them in yet so we'll see.

I haven't even put them in yet so we'll see.

What are you waiting for, put the plugs in and test em :)