95 Vert steering wheel control buttons

brianstarr58

On my 95 Vert, the steering wheel control buttons are fading and peeling...specifically the ones on the right side, the volume and seek buttons. Can they be replaced or do I need to replace the steering wheel, which i'm not doing?

They can be removed. You need to remove the SWRC and carefully pop the buttons off.

This reminds me, I have a nice set siitting in my center console I still need to install

SWRC does mean "Steering Wheel Radio Controls". You may also see it referred to as RSWC which means "Redundant Steering Wheel Controls".

The ones on my Grand Prix just lift right out, but the design is different on a Cutty. Not sure if they will lift out the same or not.

On a cutty they are bolted to the airbag, so the airbag has to be removed. relax, you can pull the airbag fuse and wait a couple minutes and the airbag can be pulled using a T-30 torx from 4 holes on it's rear, then there are some smaller torx bits holding the SWRC to the bag. They can be replaced if(big if) you can find good ones.

If I recall, someone had mentioned earlier that the Intrigue uses the same airbag/SWRC as the Cutlass, but I could be mistaken...worth a check at the junkyard...that would give you more/newer cars to look at.

If I recall, someone had mentioned earlier that the Intrigue uses the same airbag/SWRC as the Cutlass, but I could be mistaken...worth a check at the junkyard...that would give you more/newer cars to look at.

Aurora's work. Silohuettes as well. Cant say i've seen Intrigues with the same SWRCs.

I dont think the intrigue is the same But I have used a aurora set before, and to this day I have never seen a silhouette that had the provision lol

there are two different versions of SWRC in Oldsmobiles, and both hook up the same. Our CSs control the climate control, and for example a 94-95 silhouette only controls the radio. both have the same number of buttons, but different markings. speaking of which i grabbed a good set of SWRC from a 94 silhoutte for the 95 silhoutte yesterday.