opinions regarding possible purchases of a new W...

GPX

Hey like the others I like the 2001 styling much better, I think the price is about right, I looked here in Canada, seems okay... maybe do some more searching?

Than again the 2004 is slightly newer....

Hard decision!
Not that hard. I like the '01 styling better, it has fewer miles and is a thousand bucks less. Leaning....extremely hard to let go of the redcar.

I have owned both generations and the most recent ones are much nicer in almost every aspect....there would be no debate for me ....'04 without a question

I would jump on the 2001
Yeah that 01 has a great price with just a tick over 100k. If it looks/runs ok I'd jump on it

Thanks jonpro and Eurosport, I did. see the Member's Rides section.

Edited by redcar

I have owned both generations and the most recent ones are much nicer in almost every aspect....there would be no debate for me ....'04 without a question

Have you owned a regular 3rd Gen? I think that's a little apples and oranges when you're comparing a GXP to a GTP, GT or whatever. That 2004 looks pretty base.

compare an se 97 to an se 04. If price was not a factor you would be stupid to get the 97. same as 97 gt to 04 gt, same with 97 gtp to 04 gtp.

compare an se 97 to an se 04. If price was not a factor you would be stupid to get the 97. same as 97 gt to 04 gt, same with 97 gtp to 04 gtp.

This really isn't ground breaking information. Aside from the fact that there isn't a 2004 Grand Prix SE. This is kind of like proudly saying: "If the prices were equal, that if I had to chose between Buckingham Palace and the house that you bought foreclosed, Buckingham Palace would probably be the better buy . . . unless you couldn't afford the upkeep. If Jeremy's GXP is twice as fast and twice as good looking as a 2nd Gen GT, how does a 2004-2007 GT compare??? Probably not nearly as good in every category. Plus, the guy already said the prices are NOT the same.