MonteCarlo/Impala Information

91LuminaEuro

Ok guys, bought a 2001 MC SS , had an engine fire which destroyed everythign from the firewall foreward. Got it for $400 and hope to put it together in the next few months with my dad and make a nice car out of it.

Yes its crazy, and yes its a lot of work. However, we're gonna have the patience and time to put into it to make it right and make it a nice car again!

Pics to come here tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by 91LuminaEuro

Again this is all hypothetical, and i'll be sure to post tomorro wonce i find out if my dad is going to go through with this or not. In the long term it should be a win/win because even if we decide its too much work, we should be able to get our money out of the car in scrap value, while saving a few parts off the car to sell.

Bought the car today for $400. Details to come when I get off of work tomorrow!

I would still like to know interchangeability info between. Impala/montecarlo. Especially dash, a/c and all that stuff as well as any other front end components. Or if anyone has good resources for this info!

Mods I'm gonna make a thread for this project if you want you can move this to the members ride section and I'll modify everything!

Yeah, my dad did some cross-referencing today while i was at work. So far, most of the stuff (other than interior, i have no idea what the hell i was thinking when i asked that lol) is interchangeable other than the engine/trans mounts and such.

I'm gonna start tear-down tomorrow. I'll take some pics and post them up.

Its a hot hot mess (no pun intended)

-All wiring from the dash foreward

-All plumbing from the dash foreward

-New Dashpad

-New drivers seat

-New mirrors

-New door seals

-New window trim for front windows

-new windshield

-Everything under the hood

-Side ground fx

-Front bumper cover

-Hood

-Pass fender

-headliner

This is just a random list of thigns that are catching my eye, i only looked at if for a few mins around midnight when i got home.

My goal for tomorrow is to remove the hood, fenders and everything under the hood.(gonna drop cradle and all out) I would also like to remove the seats and carpet and begin to clean them up. They've gotten exposure to water from the windshield being removed and i would like to salvage them if at all possible.

your going to have fun! its not as much work as it sounds like though really. Just pray the junction box is Fine (the one that hooks the dash into the Doors/Tail lights etc,)

your going to have fun! its not as much work as it sounds like though really. Just pray the junction box is Fine (the one that hooks the dash into the Doors/Tail lights etc,)

Its not, lol. I'm fairly certain it got toasted. I won't know for sure until i start tearing into it today.

Haha northstar swap would be fun, but we've already decided to restore it to original.

Should be a fun project! I've fixed fire damaged cars before, and it really isn't as bad as it seems. Other than the nasty smell that can arise, and the crusty black soot on everything, it's really just a matter of R&R. I'd much rather fix a fire damaged car than a wrecked car or flood damaged car, because fire leaves evidence of everything it's touched. With a wreck or flood there can be all sorts of hidden problems that make themselves known at the worst time.

Mods, im going to go ahead and make a new thread in the Members Rides section so i can post the progress of this project! You can delete or lock this thread however you like! Thanks!!