3100 gromet over the PCV

dodgethis

Well I was getting off from work, and had noticed a weird high pitch noise coming from the front of the engine. I noticed the rubber elbow connecting the tube to the pcv was actually collapsing the elbow (pinching) and was making the noise. I thought it would be a good I idea to take it off and put it back on ( I don't know sounded the right thing to do ), and it basically fell apart in my hands.

What is the part number for this rubber piece? I had the old one replaced with a universal one from orielys, but it would always pop off (too loose).

Long story short, car won't run without, so I got a buddy of mine to pick me up to replace it.

getimage.php?imageurl=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.rockauto.com%2FRB%2F46014.jpg&imagekey=1028010-0&width=450

so the elbow on the right? RA doesn't list just the elbow, but it's 5.85 for the whole assembly...

HELP! - Carded #24506734

DORMAN Part # 46014

getimage.php?imageurl=http%3A%2F%2Finfo.rockauto.com%2FRB%2F46014.jpg&imagekey=1028010-0&width=450

so the elbow on the right? RA doesn't list just the elbow, but it's 5.85 for the whole assembly...

HELP! - Carded #24506734

DORMAN Part # 46014

I tell you what makes me sick, orielys gave me a spark plug boot to connect the two ends. Do you know how much I paid for it? About 5 dollars, hell id rather buy the whole assembly for 5 dollars. :roll:

ouch... 5 bucks isn't a whole lot of money, but when you have to spend it again to fix their fucktarded suggestion, i can see the frustration.

ouch... 5 bucks isn't a whole lot of money, but when you have to spend it again to fix their fucktarded suggestion, i can see the frustration.

Hey Rob

how far would you think I would get without it on? I am glad I got friends to bail me out on this one, but what do you think gas it all the way before it dies, just enough to get me a parts store. :damnit1:

i'd plug it before driving anywhere... then it wouldn't be messing with the way the engine runs. just get a rubber cap or something that slips tight over the end and use something like a hose clamp to keep it held in place until you can replace the elbow.

not sure if it would set a code though... don't know if the PCM tracks PCV operation. but i have a feeling it would cause the same problems if not more if you drove with it disconnected.

DO NOT BUY THE AFTERMARKET PCV HOSE ASSEMBLIES!!

They are absolute fuckin junk. Im talking from a lot of experience with them. Order a new one in from the dealer. Last one I bough a year ago was $14

Thanks for your thoughts guys, got home safely. I basically bought a dorman 6 dollar part that came with the plastic hose connected to it. The part I bought was for gm cars, but more specifically for the SUVs or whatever. I basically cut the gromet off the end that was glued to it and hooked it back up. She fired up with no problem. The new gromet actually fitted on pcv alot more snug, and I think it will not pop off any time soon.

Bob, if this piece of junk falls apart again on me I will personally walk to a dealer and pay the 14 dollars to get rid of this nuissance. :dance:

Edited by dodgethis

Yeah, the aftermarket ones are much more brittle, not only that they are crappily glued together and like to come apart. Even worse, the crappy quality rubber they used that goes into the intake manifold loves to degrade really quick and get sucked into the engine.. Had that happen 2 damn times to me.. Then I discovered the dealer ones were dirt cheap and in stock at all the dealers near me

DO NOT BUY THE AFTERMARKET PCV HOSE ASSEMBLIES!!

They are absolute fuckin junk. Im talking from a lot of experience with them. Order a new one in from the dealer. Last one I bough a year ago was $14

from previous experience I couldnt agree more, For something like that I go to the dealer only