Help me out please

Night Fury

I'm wanting to trade in the 04 Cause it's in crappy shape, and not even all original. Plus I miss having a sunroof, remote start, and ECC. So Lets combine the newer and better shape of my old 05 with the awesomly better handling and tapshift, and HUD, and black leather of the 04 in a package with wayy less miles than both.....

http://www.carsforsale.com/used_cars_for_sale/2005_Pontiac_Grand+Prix_113982539_95

This is EXACTLY the car I want. And it has such low miles that it has the ORIGINAL tires.

So anyways, it's 8 hours away. How do I negotiate a price (want to knock off like $3k) and trade in worthiness(Would like to get ~5k for the 04) without wasting my time going all that way to possibly not even get it?

Not dead set on a trade per se, but time would be an issue....... I don't want it to sell out from under me!

Sell yours outright, you will get more... Plus, you still owe me some $$

Which I can give you tonight BTW, I got my credit card today

Depends on how much you owe on the '04. If you can get them to knock the price of the '05 down to around $10.5 and manage to pay off your loan with the trade, and still have some trade money left over for a down payment, I'd be surprised. Try and sell the '04 outright.

I really, really don't want to sound like a dick, but weren't you just saying how the 04' needed tires and that you were pretty broke atm so that was going to be an issue. can you really swing a car payment right now?

I really, really don't want to sound like a dick, but weren't you just saying how the 04' needed tires and that you were pretty broke atm so that was going to be an issue. can you really swing a car payment right now?

x2!

If you can really swing the payments, go for it.

I've never bought a car from a dealer so I can't help too much with how to negotiate, I would blue book the hell out of it though and see if that can work to your advantage.

God my tires just came in. I probably shouldn't be buying a new car.

Surely I could fix all that's wrong with this one for $10,000..... Lol Hell even if both the engine and trans blow I probably still could.

Fuck me I guess I'll just keep it!

I don't possibly see how your comp G is THAT bad. it looks alright in pictures, sure it is not perfect but damn for the money you got it for i'd run the hell out of it.

I guess it's just when I think of all the stuff it needs and all the stuff I want done it becomes overwhelming.... and the lists blur together..... Like I'll be like "I'll just clay and wax it" then I start claying and realize how bad the paint is... it needs buffed so badly, and the hood is orangepeely, so I just think well I might as well get an inferno hood now... and same with the roof... it needs professionally fixed.... then I start wondering if they could add a sunroof.... etc etc etc.

What the uck is wrong with me!? :mad:

One step at a time. stop looking at the entire picture and just focus on one thing at a time and before you know it you'll have a huge project finished. that's what my dad tells me at least.

Just take it a little bit at a time, how do you think I haven't gone totally insane yet??

you are getting too hung up on things that don't matter, ECC, sunroof, factory remote start, who cares those are frivolous features!

Just take it a little bit at a time, how do you think I haven't gone totally insane yet??

you are getting too hung up on things that don't matter, ECC, sunroof, factory remote start, who cares those are frivolous features!

x2! Those things would never be a selling point for me. Remote starts can be added and they are WAY better then the useless factory ones. A sunroof can be added as well, although they never look as good as factory IMO. And as far as the ECC goes, id rather have the regular knobs, one less expensive thing to break.

Useless factory one? Care to elaborate?

Its not that they dont work. The work great....from about 25 feet. Maybe 50 if you're lucky. Even a halfway decent aftermarket unit is good for somewhere in the range of 500-1000 feet. Some are good up to a mile. They do make range extending units for them, but they cost as much as a aftermarket starter.

i agree with ya on that one. However, the A/M sunroof that is in Matts Z34 is very nice. Doesnt rattle like my oem GTP one does, and closes automatically when you leave the car.

Its not that they dont work. The work great....from about 25 feet. Maybe 50 if you're lucky. Even a halfway decent aftermarket unit is good for somewhere in the range of 500-1000 feet. Some are good up to a mile. They do make range extending units for them, but they cost as much as a aftermarket starter.

I was NEVER too far away for the one in my 05 to work... Hell I could park in the back of the parking lot at walmart and it would work from the checkouts easily.