found out....

swift13

my fuel pump needs be replacing today on the gtp.

my question is what is a good one to buy? is there a performance one that can still be used on stock settings? (incase later i decide to do stuff)

98 gp gtp

Honestly I think the stock pump will do just fine, unless you want to do some 350whp+ stuff. I've heard from a few people that the Walbro's and stuff are a waste unless you're going big.

Honestly I think the stock pump will do just fine, unless you want to do some 350whp+ stuff. I've heard from a few people that the Walbro's and stuff are a waste unless you're going big.

truf!

if all your motor ever needs is 100 liters per hour, and you have a 255LPH pump, it all just gets pushed through the system continously... while extra fuel filtering is never a bad thing, it will plug the filters quicker...

sounds good thanks for the info. i dont think i will be doing a whole lot of power even if i did wanna beef it up later. all i need it to do right now is drive and its not doing that so...

On the other hand, it's not like the price difference is huge. The Walbro 255lph high pressure pumps are usually less than $100 shipped. The OEM pump for my car at least was $80+tax from O'Reillys, so it was just a little bit more for the Walbro, and having a pump with higher flow capacity doesn't hurt. Not to mention the Walbro is significantly quieter than the original fuel pump, at least in my case.

On the other hand, it's not like the price difference is huge. The Walbro 255lph high pressure pumps are usually less than $100 shipped. The OEM pump for my car at least was $80+tax from O'Reillys

Gen II GTP fuel pumps cost a wee bit more than that. :eek: New from GM, it lists for about $480. Even lower end after market stores like Auto Zone and Advanced Auto have them for $250 - $300. I got mine from NAPA at employee price (which I believe is cost). Granted, it actually has Delphi sensors, so I believe it's an actual GM pump under their house brand name, it STILL cost me $150, which is why a lot of guys just swap to a Walbro when the time comes to replace the pump.

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsShelf.jsp?categoryDisplayName=Fuel+Delivery&fromType=parts&fromString=search&parentId=49-0&currentPage=1&filterByKeyWord=+%09E3519M&isSearchByPartNumber=true&navValue=14900078&categoryNValue=14999999&fromWhere=&itemId=78-0&displayName=Fuel+Pump&searchText=+%09E3519M

However, I think there is a fitment issue with the Walbros in the Gen II GTPs where it doesn't reach far enough down to suck up the gas, so you run out of fuel sooner than you expect/the fuel gauge indicates. I think there's also some other customizations to make it fit in the tank properly, too. I know there's a fix for all this stuff, but my point is it's not just a simple plug n' play.

Yeah, my Silverado uses those stinking fuel pump modules too. For me, the cost alone would be motivation enough to find a way to custom fit a Walbro. At least the gen 2 pumps can be pulled out without dropping the tank so if there were little issues to be worked out, it wouldn't be quite the headache that it is on the gen 1s.