Crazy Electrical Problems

karrkrazzie

Alright so starting last year my car would be acting perfectly normal and then the power windows would completely stop working, from any switch. I later came to find out that the fuse was getting extremely hot but still have not found the problem.

After that my power door locks would stop functioning properly, sometimes it sounds like they are trying to work, but there just is not enough juice and other times nothing at all happens. This would occur sometimes at the same time of the window problem and other times it would just be this.

Lastly Sometime i turn the key, all the accesories come on and everything works fine but when i go to start it, nothing happens, at all, doesnt turn over or anything. Of course now I cant recall but I am about 90% confident that when I turned the key to starting position the accesories would all stay on as if I wasnt doing anything, but a diagnosis either way would be great.

The hard part about this is that it is all at complete random, and never regular. I know it was wayyyy worse during the middle of last summer, where the windows wouldnt work for days and then would be perfectly fine, but in that period they would also just stop working for minutes.

The not starting problem might be a neutral saftey switch. The TGP does this occasionally. Try putting it in neutral next time it happens and see if it starts up that way.

It wouldn't hurt to check the remote positive battery terminal underneath the hood. It's covered by a little red cap marked w/ the "+" sign and is near the driver's side strut tower area. Sometimes the nut for it gets loose and it will cause all sorts of seemingly random electrical issues such as no-starts, various components not working, etc. If it is in fact loose, make sure to inspect it really closely and make sure the plastic surrounding it isn't melted and causing a poor connection.