EuroLights (For Camaro) Mini Quad Replacement PROBLEMS

PCGUY112887

I have these in my Grand Prix...

http://www.eurolamps.com/eurolamps/camaro_headlights.htm

And they have been working great for a while now. I got them with the Xenon Charged bulbs and I got matching fog lamps and license plate lamps and everything. All of the exterior light on my car is a very nice brilliant WHITE!

However, my headlights have been going out recently. First I noticed the passenger side bulb wasn't on, so I popped the hood and was like WTF and barely touched the harness that plugs into the bulb, and the light came right back on. After a brief WTF I wiggled it all around, unable to make it go back out.

So I kept driving, few days later notice the DRIVERS side seems to be out. Again, pop the hood, bairly tap the harness where it snaps into the bulb, and it pops right back on. Move it all around, can't get it to go back off.

This has happened over and over again the past few weeks and I am really starting to get pissed. I don't understand what is going wrong I guess my cars ride is so rough something is somehow coming loose, but I have no idea what?!? The harness completely snaps into the bulbs they are just like any other replacement bulbs, it's not like it could be sort of loose.

Ideas?!?

Trace the ground wire for the headlights. I think it goes into the engine bay next to the radiator, where the chassis ground for the battery is.

Make sure it's tight.

make sure the plug is tight going onto the bulb... then use some dielectric grease on it and re-assemble and see if that helps at all.. also make sure there is no corrosion on the socket or plug.

Sounds like cheap bulbs. If you're wiggling around the harness and can't get it to go back out, the bulbs are likely cheap and the filament snapped off one of the contacts. It's not uncommon to be able to get a burned out automotive bulb to start working again for awhile by tapping on it like you did unknowingly or it can even happen when driving over the right bump. What happens is the dangling piece of broken filament gets jostled back over to the other contact and makes electrical contact. The flowing current heats it up and rewelds it back on the contact and it works again for awhile. Usually doesn't last long though.

Edited by jman093

• 2 weeks later...