i NEED your 3x00 exhaust clips and setups....

AWeb80

i'm working on getting a quote to get mine installed locally. i still need to pick up my mufflers and resonator. I'll be getting the vibrant one. just need to find mufflers i like.

i'd record the MC with it's dead stock + glasspack in place of the gigantic stocker, but my camera can't pick up sound to save it's own life... but i imagine you would also want to hear it being driven away from, potentially at a high rate of speed? not gonna happen.

I've got dual cherrybomb glasspacks. I like the sound. Unfortunately I can't get a good clip... this is the best i have...

[video=youtube;C0flFb-xYYI]

I kinda really like this one....a tad raspy....but the volume and type of sound I want......I wonder if there is drone at Hwy speeds.

[video=youtube;Qmr06ZjcxYI]

I would argue that mine with the glasspacks sounds similar to that second one. Also Flowmaster Super 40 I think are the loudest mufflers they make, but they have bad drone at highway speed...

I would argue that mine with the glasspacks sounds similar to that second one. Also Flowmaster Super 40 I think are the loudest mufflers they make, but they have bad drone at highway speed...

and i will agree on all counts with that. the chambered mufflers are bad for drone at highway speeds....

luckily, with glasspacks, you can hear the individual pulses of the engine, so it cuts out/eliminates drone...

The first I posted sounds like my GP right now....but about twice as loud....I like it. same rumble at idle.

would the 80 series have drone at Hwy?

• 1 month later...
TTT

I need to do this very soon. which has less hwy drone? magnaflow or flowmaster?

i hear the word "dronemaster" getting thrown around a lot on other forums...

Anthony,

If you watch the AMY link (no mufflers kick ass!!) I think that it has a link to the former Bobmobile's exhaust video when its done.

TTT

I need to do this very soon. which has less hwy drone? magnaflow or flowmaster?

So far I have installed and removed on my vert a set of flowmaster Delta 40's (major drone) with a set of magnaflows (much less drone) with a set of the new Dynomax VT's (no drone at all). While I really liked the sound of the magnaflows, the drone kicked in right at cruising speed. The VTs have a flapper built in to regulate the exhaust flow to eliminate drone, and from my two weeks with them, they live up to the claim. They don't sound as nice as the magnaflows but I will take no drone over less aggressiveness. I'll pop up a sound clip later today....