Hazard Button

Wheels

Hey everyone. I've owned my car now for a year and this whole time its been missing the hazard button. I've never had to use it but inspection is coming up next month and i need to have one. (Plus it would be great to have just in case of an emergency.) I've been to almost every junk yard looking for a button and i cannot seem to find one. Does anyone have one or know where i could purchase one? And if not....has anyone modified a seperate push button switch to activate the hazards? If so, what color are the wires in the column so i can tap into it?

Any help would be great. Thanks. :D

so just the button on the bottom of your column is missing?

you can thread a screw into the base of it and use it like that to get through inspection

Those switches seem to fall off at the drop of the hat! Mine is still there but it is only resting in the hole, the clip that holds it there is broken.

Chris: on a GP the hazard flasher button is on the top of the column behind the wheel, not the bottom (at least since the 94 interior update...)

Those switches seem to fall off at the drop of the hat! Mine is still there but it is only resting in the hole, the clip that holds it there is broken.

The one in my 94 convertible was the same way, till it fell out and got lost. I have no idea where it is now. Maybe under the seat? I even tried using silicone and it still eventually still fell off.

did not know that. I figured all the pontiac saginaw columns were the same as my bonnevilles is in the old location under the column. TMYK.

FWIW, here's the p/n: 10457064. I guess they only came in one color? I'm not pulling up any other possible colors. Price on GMPD is ridiculous. I'll probably just try to find another way to fix mine if I find it.

I always wondered why this button gets broken or lost on these cars. :confused: Hey GnatGoSplat, thank you for the part number. I just looked it up and found one at a GM online store for $7.45. The price doesn't seem too bad, so i'll just purchase it. Thanks again.

I haven't ordered mine yet. How much do you want for one? Send me an pm if you can Crazy K.

GnatGoSplat.....the store i found it on is called www.shopgmparts.com. They have just about everything for our cars.

Eeeks, that place wants $10 for S&H for a total of nearly $18. That little plastic thing isn't really worth that. I'll probably try to fix mine over the weekend, but if I fail I may have to buy one from Ken.

I always wondered why this button gets broken or lost on these cars.

If you're not careful when taking the dash trim bezel off you can snap that switch right off. Thats probably how many of them get broken. This true on many GMs with the hazard up top. I can't believe ive never broke one with all the radio installs i've done. The one on my 96 GP was broken when i got it though, the button was just chillin up there lol.

• 1 month later...

Heheh, I successfully repaired my hazard button and attached before & after pics. I am either unusually resourceful or insanely cheap depending on your point of view. I had no idea what the missing chunk of it looked like so I had to guess. It works perfectly and snaps snugly into place with a "click" because I drilled a detent into my fabricated side similar to where the hole is on the other side.

post-2-143689043776_thumb.jpg

post-2-143689043781_thumb.jpg