gauges

jake91

okay so i am wanting some info on gauges

how do i make the oil presure gauge real

if i ad a 2-3 guage pod (i just want to know how to install these)

afr

trans temp

vacumme

Edited by jake91
im an idiot

those are all fairly easy.

AFR: just hook up the correct wire from a wideband O2.

Tranny temp: you'll need to tap into the pressure port on the 4T60-E and run a sender from there to your guage

Vacuum: get a vacuum T, splice it into any line undrhood that seems vacuum at all times and run a vacuum hose from underhood to your guage.

You can tap into the trans for trans temp on the top of the transmission. There should just be a plug (almost like a pipe plug) that you can pop out.

Do a search, I think it was Andrei that asked about it a while back.

AFR will be annoying as hell, and so will be Vacuum.

Install something useful, like a good oil pressure gauge, trans temp, or volts.

However, no matter what you choose, they will all look 1000000% out of place in a Cutlass Convertible....

give me an idea of how rich or lean it is running for emmisions, and the fact i may end up running a 50-75 dry shot on it later

i know but i was reading that fue like to pool in the intake on dohc cars i probably wont do it though

wut? it will pool in any intake if there's too much fuel being shot in/not enough airflow. if you want to shoot in what's essentially supercooled and dense oxygen, if you're not giving it enough fuel, expect a ricer-level explosion...

Oil pressure and trans temp are nice additions. I currently have trans temp and do use the gauge freqeuntly and I wish I had an oil pressure gauge. A vacuum gauge is pointless however, and the AFR's look really dumb and ricerish with the lights bouncing around, not to mention they're pretty inaccurate unless you spend megabucks on the wideband equipment. My car had a narrowband AFR gauge in it when I bought it and it frequently indicated very lean even though the car has 50% larger injectors and smells gassy. I accidentally unhooked the gauge's power wire when I was ripping out the defective alarm/remote start system and have no intention of hooking it back up.

Edited by jman093