body plate location

ckf102

Guys....

Can you help me out locating the body plate on my 92 olds vert? I have looked on the car, searched the forums and found nothing....can any one lead me in the right direction? Bonus if you got a picture....

Thanks!!!!!!! I appreciate the help.

Clay

thanks for the help, but I was looking to use GM's historical services to research the history and they say that they need a picture or an etching of the plate to research the car, original color, plant, body type, etc.....it is the one that sometimes says Body by Fisher...... I saw one on an older Olds, but was beating my head off fender trying to find it.....

When I have time, i'll check the b pillar, but when I called, they told me to look under the hood.

Thanks for responding guys, i appreciate the help!

thanks for the help, but I was looking to use GM's historical services to research the history and they say that they need a picture or an etching of the plate to research the car, original color, plant, body type, etc.....it is the one that sometimes says Body by Fisher...... I saw one on an older Olds, but was beating my head off fender trying to find it.....

When I have time, i'll check the b pillar, but when I called, they told me to look under the hood.

All of that information is contained on the RPO tag that's in the trunk on he spare tire cover. Or just use your VIN and decode it at the above listed website. It'll give you all the information you need.

i think who ever told you to look for the plate was assuming you were talking about an older cutlass. newer cars dont have those like has been said. all the info is in the rpo's and have been like that for a LONG time now.

The cowl or trim tags were used pretty early on by Fisher Body. It's original purpose was for the FB line worker to know what color combination the car was and what options the car was to be assembled with, based off of various codes that could be stamped on the tag. It also said what factory the body was built at and the date that happened. They were used into the early 90s on various GM platforms but never on E bodies. The closest thing I've ever seen to one is the stickers on the body behind the front fenders. Here is a picture of the trim tag on my 68 427 Impala Custom coupe, which is riveted to the firewall.

IMGP5083Medium.jpg