douellette

theres a 97/98ish chevy venture sitting across the street from my house. the guy said i could take anything off it that i wanted.

Those came with the 3400 correct? would there be any benefit to swapping the upper and lower intake off that to my car?

top swap is FTW.

actually, take the whole motor.

Take the whole thing! Whats wrong with it

needs intake gaskets or something and its been sitting for atleast 3 years, so the motor is probly no good haha

top swap is FTW.

actually, take the whole motor.

Take the whole thing! Whats wrong with it

needs intake gaskets or something and its been sitting for atleast 3 years, so the motor is probly no good haha

it just depends how much coolant is actually in the oil.

Take the whole engine, worst case scenario you have all the parts for a 3400 top swap!

Jamie

yeah but isnt it a PITA to pull engines on those vans since half the engine is under the cowl?

If the van is junk anyways yea, strip it down inside, cut the hoses/harness under the hood, chop off the exhaust DP, then unbolt the struts/subframe bolts and drop the whole engine/trans out the bottom, then call one of those "we tow your car for free" places to get it off your property. That way you have an entire spare 4T65, and lots of spare 3400 parts. Even if the intake gaskets are bad you can still use the heads and intake manifolds, do the 3400 top-swap on your 3100, and sell the rest for a profit. Never give up a free vehicle, it's like money sitting right in front of you!

If the van is junk anyways yea, strip it down inside, cut the hoses/harness under the hood, chop off the exhaust DP, then unbolt the struts/subframe bolts and drop the whole engine/trans out the bottom, then call one of those "we tow your car for free" places to get it off your property. That way you have an entire spare 4T65, and lots of spare 3400 parts. Even if the intake gaskets are bad you can still use the heads and intake manifolds, do the 3400 top-swap on your 3100, and sell the rest for a profit. Never give up a free vehicle, it's like money sitting right in front of you!

:werd:

I made over $2000 parting out my shit pile GTP with 453k on it. The car is now going to the crusher as thre isn't anything else left worth selling. I have the doors and trunk lid in a shed - the rest of the car is basically just a shell. Bringing it into town to the crusher and getting another $80 for it. Piece of metal has gone up a bit.

if i did swap that 3400 into my cutlass, wouldnt i have to change the pcm too?

and also, i thought it was only 2000+ that had the good intakes?

you have a 97 3100 PCM, you should be able to tune it... but it would run decently on the stock tune.

guy said i could take the whole van. but im just going to keep the intakes cause its in rough shape...the throttle body is even seized up :lol:

anyone need any parts?? :cool:

year? if it is a 97, the PCM should work in yours.

Does it have an overhead console with a info center? that could be made to work in your car.

no i think its just the basic model van.