AJAM II - Vibrates after long highway drives if restarted soon after . . . .

Breakdown

Gang,

AJAM I had this problem as well.

You drive the car for 2 hours, mostly on the expressway. Stop, park the car, do something, then come back to the car within 1/2 an hour to start her again, and she will vibrate violently, with the engine surging at lower RPMs, if you hit the gas (while in park) it fixes this immediately, and just a touch of the gas will immediately level out the RPM's at idle, and the problem goes away (unless you drive somewhere park the car, and then start it up again quickly afterwards.

The white Cutlass did the exact same.

What is going on??

Doesn't happen if you wait longer than 30-40 minutes after turning the car off before turning it on again. Trips that are lesser than one hour on the highway will NOT reproduce this effect.

My GP behaves the same way, and has since I bought it.

I went looking for the problem but didn't find anything causing it. Since all it took was a quick tap of the throttle to smooth it out I didn't worry too much about it, and chalked it up to how the electronics control the car on a warm start. Maybe a sensor is getting heat soaked, or the ECM tries to run the motor as though it is cold even though it isn't?

check the throttle body and clean it out.

My '01 did this for awhile. When I replaced my MAF I also sprayed out the TB and I haven't had anything like this for awhile. Then again, my MAF could have been causing an issue too.