HUD problem...

supertrick_05

I popped the dash pad up today to hide a wire underneath it and ever since then, my HUD hasn't worked. Was I supposed to remove the HID pod off of the dash before I popped up the dash pad? Did I most likely unplug something when I lifted it up?

Are you sure the HUD isn't on at all? Look down into the HUD from the outside just to make sure. I don't know how the revised GP HUDs work, but on my Cutlass, pulling the dash involves removing the HUD unit itself, and there's a little spring-loaded tab on the bottom that sits in a metal tray and the HUD adjuster moves it. If it pops out of there, it goes way out of whack.

On my 91 the HUD is removed by taking out 2 - 7mm screws that bolt to the HUD from under the dash in the instrument cluster bezel. There is a metal bracket with 4 of the same screws that are bolted to the dash structure. Im not sure how you could have gotten the dash pad completely off without taking the hud off first. Possibly you ripped the threads out?? There is a harness that attaches to the HUD, you likely disconnected it. Also check the light sensor in the drivers dash speaker is disconnected.

and there's a little spring-loaded tab on the bottom that sits in a metal tray and the HUD adjuster moves it. If it pops out of there, it goes way out of whack.

X2 grr :mad:

Yeah, I think that's what happened because this morning I saw a faint green glow on the windshield where the HUD comes up, but did not display anything. I moved it up and down and it didn't show anything. So how do I fix this?