Has it ever been attempted?

Firen81

Has it ever been attempted to make a RWD W-body? Like honestly, I would personally be a proud owner of one if it had ever been accomplished. I just imagine a Gen 2 GTP 2dr smoking rear tires and killing mustangs even more every time I think about it.

thoughts? Ideas? Know anyone who's done it? Its been an itching question for me!

someone else will hook you up with the links i cant find them

but it was done once with a firebird and shortening a lumina

another time with a gp and a rwd n*

a 2nd gen gp on ebay came up once

gm custom built a monte carlo

there is also a rwd mc i saw on youtube

there was also the twin engine cutlass... i can't remember who made it though.

but that would be an AWD W... if both differentials could lock anyway.

I think it was something along the lines of turbo400sbc

I think it was something along the lines of turbo400sbc

that sounds VERY familiar...

10 yrs. ago or so Lawrence Conley owner of Conley's Performance Plus of Humble Tx. (now out of business) built a '97

or '98 GTP. They cut out the bottom of the car. Built a whole new chassis using a Buick Grand National drivetrain with alot of upgrades. It was bright red with 17" chrome wheels and looked stock but run a high 10 sec. 1/4 mile time with lots of wheel spin. When I was browsing there website for parts, they had it listed for sale at $55,000, Yes Fifty Five Thousand US. Dollars.

10 yrs. ago or so Lawrence Conley owner of Conley's Performance Plus of Humble Tx. (now out of business) built a '97

or '98 GTP. They cut out the bottom of the car. Built a whole new chassis using a Buick Grand National drivetrain with alot of upgrades. It was bright red with 17" chrome wheels and looked stock but run a high 10 sec. 1/4 mile time with lots of wheel spin. When I was browsing there website for parts, they had it listed for sale at $55,000, Yes Fifty Five Thousand US. Dollars.

Someone on clubgp.com owns that car now. I think they got it relatively cheap(compared to the old asking price).

If only I owned one..*drools* I like my Lumina all the same though....but still, a 2001 2dr GTP would be a nice car for RWD. If I win the lottery, I'm building one, with a built up LS2