Went from Tan to Black (not charcoal) and need seatbelts and steering wheel

SLAMDIT

Hey guys, just like the title says. I have a 95 Cutlass vert that no longer has a tan interior. I have dyed the dash and panels black and had the seats redone also. My goal is to convert the whole interior over but the seatbelts and steering wheel are becoming tough.

I was wondering if GM made any cars that the seatbelts would swap in that are black. My only thought would be a Monte Carlo or Camaro from 1996, didn't they have true black interiors and not charcoal? I am also needing a black steering wheel. I am gonna try and dye my tan wheel but I am not sure how well it's gonna work.

Anyone know if a Monte Wheel would fit in my car? I understand it will have the bow tie, I can work with that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The seatbelts are gonna be what keeps me from driving it. I get it back from the interior guy at the end of March and would like to have the belts and wheel ready to install.

Thanx for the help,

Sean

I had an all black '95 vert, and the seat belts were black. '95 and up coupe belts will also work. I can't rember if the steering wheel was graphite or black, but I'm leaning toward black also. The j/y is your friend here.

:idea:

why dont you dye the seatbelts?

IIRC, dying the seatbelts can actually weaken them, and cause them to fail in the event of an accident.

Not that it really matters, lol

I was talking to my father the other day about seat belts and he said when he worked at GM all the seat belts came in plastic wrappers and had an experation date of 3 years! If it's shelf life is 3 years, whats that say about a 1st gen w-body belt?

FYI, he worked in the car plant in Oshawa ON in teh early 90s when they were building w-bodies there.

Jamie

I had an all black '95 vert, and the seat belts were black. '95 and up coupe belts will also work. I can't rember if the steering wheel was graphite or black, but I'm leaning toward black also. The j/y is your friend here.

I have seen a triple black vert and the interior looked more of a graphite instead of a jet black. Maybe you could get both? Do you have any interior pics by chance?

The wheel and seats in the one I saw matched the wheel in my 94 vert and to me at least it looked more graphite than black.

Maybe calling it graphite is wrong on my part, but I am having trouble finding true black in these cars. Now, I am having trouble finding these cars in junkyards period so I wonder if I am not seeing all the optioned interiors. I have been paying as much attention to ones I see on the road but trying to tell black vs charcoal as a car is flying by ya is kind of a pain.

Anyone have any pictures of black/charcoal/whatever interiors?

Thanx guys, I really wanna get this figured out as the tan inside this car looks rediculous with the new interior

Oldsmobile Aurora's came with black leather interiors. And they had airbags and radio steering wheel controls that were identical looking to those on a Cutlass. So the steering wheel should be the same diameter and hopefully the mounting parts of it would be the same as well.

I'm not sure if the steering wheel heater controls/radio buttons would actually work, but at least they would look right.

im pretty sure the charcoal is the black i dont think i have ever seen a true black cutlass and i have seen a few dozen at the yards and have always seen tan or charcoal for the 95s

i too am swapping my interior from tan to charcoal, i have everything gutted and am waiting for some good weather to put in all the charcoal, i just recently found the last of the charcoal i needed.

Oldsmobile Aurora's came with black leather interiors. And they had airbags and radio steering wheel controls that were identical looking to those on a Cutlass. So the steering wheel should be the same diameter and hopefully the mounting parts of it would be the same as well.

I'm not sure if the steering wheel heater controls/radio buttons would actually work, but at least they would look right.

Great! That will be the car I look for at the junkyard. I wonder if the seatbelts would swap? I don't care about the radio and the climate controls, it has an aftermarket radio anyways.

I guess worse case scenario I will run graphite belts but maybe the Aurora belts will work.

Thanx for the help,

Sean