What should I do with this car?

AL

I repoed my 99 GP back because the people I sold it to stopped making the payments we agreed on and I still have the title... Well I finally went and looked at it (It was towed to dads house, not mine)...

The front right has damage to the hood and bumper and headlight... The fender is ok... The drivers side is keyed... It took 3 garbage bags to empty out the trash in the back seat... The does not count the front seat or trunk... The trunk ajar sensor is broken... The engine is locked up... The battery is stolen out of it... The knobs on the radio are broken and the knobs on the climate control are broken... The floor mats are destroyed... The tail lights are both cracked and delaminated and full of moisture... The serpentine belt was not on... The seat was stabbed, and theres a hole in the side of it... There is paint on the carpet... 2 center caps are missing... Oil in the coolant reservoir... The tires are all bald... And that's just what I had found in the dark... I sold it to them with 118k miles... It has 144472 on it now... I know there is more I am missing...

Its a 99 GP SE 3100

Green exterior

Tan cloth interior

Only option is CD player, because I added it... Stock cassette deck in perfect condition was still under the seat...

Pics from when I had it to give a general idea of what it is.

DSC02428-1.jpg

DSC03165.jpg

So now that its back in my possession, What should I do with it????????

Cost to fix VS. Theoretical resale value VS. Profit from parting out?

Do you want to DD it? Or just get it out of your hair forever? If the latter, do whatever gets you the most money, and move on.

Instead of junking it, you should just hit up a junkyard and hope for a nicer interior. It can't get much worse, can it? Find another engine and throw on some new tires and call it a day. Unless the body damage is worse than you really want to look at/deal with.

The body damage is pretty minor really...

if you decide to part it,

any chance the upper and lower intake on that is the higher flowing ones?

No, those are 2000+ 3100s

Also, The car blue books at 1000 dollars in excellent condition... I can get a motor for it on trade for my 89, but I dont think its worth the time to drop it in

Also, The car blue books at 1000 dollars in excellent condition...

i'm not one to say junk it very often, but damn... 1K in excellent condition and will only devalue further FTL.

part it out until the interest wanes then try to cover your losses with the junkyard.

unless some kid wants to buy it as a beater, in which case take 'em for all they got.

I have an idea so filled with awesomeness it's not funny, I have to share it.

This idea is kind of inspired

STEP 1: Big *** Al determines the scrap value of the car.

STEP 2: We all go to Dayton with $10 to pay Al, up to the scrap value of the car.

STEP 3: I will get the car towed to Dayton from Toledo in time for the Dayton meet.

STEP 4: We all bring parts to fix the Anteater Grand Prix and paint.

STEP 5: Removal all VIN #'s from the car.

STEP 6: We pimp up Al's ride the same way we did with 94Vert's Cutlass Supreme in the whatever section a month back or so. (We could even make a ANTEATER marquee for the front of the hood)

STEP 7: Once complete we push the car either on to the freeway or somewhere it will be seen by lots of people and abandon it.

================================================================================

OPTIONAL STEPS:

================================================================================

STEP 8: DECLARE CAR STOLEN

STEP 9: COLLECT INSURANCE MONIES

STEP 10: GO TO JAIL FOR INSURANCE FRAUD

2 options...

Fix it, and drive/sell it....but you will have more money into it than you would want.

Part it/junk it.... that's what I'd do personally.

If the interior is hammered AND the body is hammered AND the engine is beat, why bother?

What do you want to do with it?

Use it as a beater? Fix the motor, get some used tires, drive it.

Sell it? Fix the motor, state that it needs tires and a good shampoo, sell it as-is on a dry day for $800

Part it? Find buyers for a bunch of things, pull some other small stuff off, junk the rest.

I wuld not bother fixing the tail lights, or body damage if it is minor. Fix just what would be needed to pass inspection and then drive or sell. With this car, you won't make a bunch of money. You'll probably make the most if you sell it right now as-is. Put it on CL for $500/bo and see where it goes.

If it were me, I'd probably drop a new motor in, fix a few of the issues and sell it, but that's cause the local JY has all the parts right now, and I could be into the parts for about $250-300 and could learn from the install. But in the end, you'll probably run into more things than you thought and end up not making any money.

Thats too bad as the body looks decent. Rims also. Damn people. Ridiculous to book fo 1k though. If it were mine I would restore it, but thats just because I dont have the heart to junk vehicles wih some potential. I am actually looking for a W to restore right now. People suck

Thats too bad as the body looks decent. Rims also. Damn people. Ridiculous to book fo 1k though. If it were mine I would restore it, but thats just because I dont have the heart to junk vehicles wih some potential. I am actually looking for a W to restore right now. People suck

But it from me and restore it! It was a great car when I had it, only problem I had was a misfire but thats cause the person who did the tune up mixed up two of the plug wires

Just walk away, Walker. Just walk away...

:lol: Humungus !!!

Humungous%5B1%5D.jpg

Seriously though, Im with the others, definitely walk away or part out what you can then junk it.