biggest resonator/glasspack

supertrick_05

How long and thick of a resonator/glasspack would fit under the W-bodies? I don't have my car right now, otherwise I'd get under and measure.

As for an exhaust, I had an idea...I'd get a hi-flow cat (Catco) with 2.5" piping, and a single Magnaflow "Magnapack" glasspack muffler (the biggest I could fit) and that would be the muffler. Do you think that would sound okay with the DOHC? I'm not sure what a good-sounding muffler would be for these cars.

Who says the resonator has to go where the mufflers are? I got a 31 inch, 2 1/4 inch diameter glasspack underneath my 97 GTP in replacement of the old rusty resonator.

Well the only clip I've heard on YouTube that I KINDA liked was a Monte Carlo Z34 with Cherrybomb glasspacks in place of the mufflers. Didn't sound that bad. So I was thinking just putting one BIG Magnaflow round muffler after the cat.

on my cutlass (with a 3100) i have 2.25" piping, high flow cat, a cheap glass pack, and a flowmaster 40. it sounds great but its also really loud. i put the glasspack where the old resonator was located, its a very tight fit and it even rubs on the frame a lil bit which is kinda annoyin.