highbeam switch?

Rabbi

the highbeam switch is apparently bad in my z34.

I Cant turn my bright lights off, It doesnt click when its supposed to.

Where do i go about buying a highbeam switch? I seen nothing on autozones website lol

its a 1992 lumina z34

I've had this happen to my Z34 also a long while back. The switch got jammed or stuck or something and wouldn't release so all i had was high beams. Pretty easy to replace.

This is the part at autozone: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/catalog/parts/partsProduct.jsp?itemIdentifier=19172_0_0_&skuDescription=Duralast+/+Dimmer+Switch&brandName=Duralast&displayName=Dimmer+Switch&categoryNValue=&sortType=&store=1296&isSearchByPartNumber=&fromWhere=&fromString=&counter=0&itemId=133-0&navValue=15700133&filterByKeyWord=&productId=19172&searchText=&categoryDisplayName=Electrical+%26+Lighting&parentId=57-0

It's called a Dimmer Switch.

Also, before replacing it, make sure the rod hasn't just come out the switch. This happened to me once after replacing a turn signal switch. I guess I accidentally bumped this and knocked the rod out without knowing it.

Very easy to replace though. You'll probably have to drop the top two bolts holding the column up to get a little more room.

I am pretty sure that its part of the Turn Signal Switch

It is not.

Sometimes the rod comes out of the switch and it gets stuck either on high or low, nd also the high beam switch is adjustable so sometimes it can slide back and not work properly. Pretty much you can feel tension but nothing happens

It is not.

Sometimes the rod comes out of the switch and it gets stuck either on high or low, nd also the high beam switch is adjustable so sometimes it can slide back and not work properly. Pretty much you can feel tension but nothing happens

I see, Thats good to know

It is not.

Exactly what I was going to say, its easy to adjust once you lower the column down.

• 2 weeks later...

Try operating the dimmer switch with the steering wheel tilted in different positions. Sometimes this will compensate for a mis-adjusted switch. Works for me.