Questions on installing a UB3 in a 94 'vert

dodgeman

I have a 94 vert, and was installing the ub3 following the pin outs i could find on here. i have found 2 that were different and then i look at my plug and it is even different from the 2 guides. most of the pins were correct from what i can tell, but i have some left over and a few things dont work. The left over wires are from the plug on the ub3.

d-16 battery power mem to cluster orng

d-9 english/ metric switch. but that works on my cluster now

c-13 iknow that is for my tach but not sure if something else goes there

c-10 display dim

c-9 not used

c-6 shift indicator for manual shift

my abs light will not come on.

one of the guides i have says it is d-13 grn/black but it issupposed to go to c-5 gry/wht

all of the wires i have spliced so far have matched in color.

the base diagram shows d-13 as anitlock and it is g/wht, but mine is grn/blk

I am more confused now then when i started.

Sorry for being such and idiot, but i tried to hook up a wire to c-13 to what i thought was the aldl. I looked under my dash next to the steering column and see a black box with wiring harness in and wiring harness out. I found one orange wire. It was a lot bigger than the rest of the wires so i tried that, got nothing. found another that was kinda brownish orange and tried that, nothing. There is another box beside this thing that is silver. Am i even in the right place. Everything else works but the tach. Any help would be great, thanks

sorry, didnt know. i have the correct wire on the cluster, it is c-13. and i spliced into the only orange wire that i could see on that connector and it would not work. That is why i thought i was connecting to the wrong wire. by the way. that orange wire is a lot bigger than the rest of them. am i looking at the right orange wire? and sorry about the caps, wont ever happen again

Ok the wire you need to tap into is a small gauge tanish orange wire. It is located in the back side of the slot where a scantool plugs into right above the right leg. . The wire is the ALDL chatter wire. Unless you have something incorrect at the cluster it will definately work

found it, and go it connected and the tach works now, but it shows redline at 5500. i thought it was 6000 or 6500? oh well, at least it works. tomorrow i get my oil changed and get the correct switch for the oil pressure.