opinions on this trade..

douellette

I like the Grand Am, even though it isn't very reliable. I think its a hot looking car. The Alero is nice too. My neighbor has one, she bought it brand new (one of the last years for the Olds) when her 89 Grand Prix finally lost the fight with the rust.

i agree that they do look good, but yea they are not good beaters at all.

You can definitely tell that the Intrigues were built to compete with the Accords and Camry's of the same era. They definitely feel different then the rest of the GM's of the era. They are well built....and I have yet to come across one that is "falling apart". The falling apart definitely is the Pontiac trait :lol:

The 3.5 is a nice engine. It is a DOHC, and it is stuffed pretty good into the engine bay. But it also has a timing chain rather then a belt, so that is a lifetime piece. It has a nice powerband, and loves to be driven hard. It is also rather decent on fuel as well.

Not sure how I missed this thread...

Do it! Then our cars would be twins...at least with the top down. :lol:

If they won't trade you go sell your coupe and pick this up.

I don't even see the 'vert showing up on that site. Their website sucks hardcore. I got tired of waiting for it to load.

To me, you have a high mileage car.. I wouldn't pay much for it. These cars, aside from the 'vert, are pretty much worthless. I dunno what the market around there is, but you can pick up a '97 CS with 160k for under a grand here. I dunno, with all the high mileage cars on the market, it's pretty easy to pick up something fairly dependable for 600 bucks.

OMG I want that 93 trans am. Thats the first year of the new body style and for it to have T-tops and a six speed thats mega rare and hard to find. They called the first ones trans am GTs.

OMG I want that 93 trans am. Thats the first year of the new body style and for it to have T-tops and a six speed thats mega rare and hard to find. They called the first ones trans am GTs.

this year 6 speed was also the weakest, only handled ~375 lb-ft of torque compared to the ~450 the ones from 94-up did...