opinions on this trade..

douellette

I really doubt they'll do the trade. A vert is a lot more desirable than a coupe, so I think they would most likely keep the vert as it's easier to sell...

Well it does have less miles than yours and you got yours cheap but your car is pretty rust free. The car is also 3 years older than yours and I am not sure you can handle the maintenance of a DOHC car. Also LOL at 5 passengers. Somebody is supposed to sit on the center console i assume.

Well it does have less miles than yours and you got yours cheap but your car is pretty rust free. The car is also 3 years older than yours and I am not sure you can handle the maintenance of a DOHC car. Also LOL at 5 passengers. Somebody is supposed to sit on the center console i assume.

lol....and yeah thats the thing i was unsure about is the 3.4...i heard there expensive to work on and i dont have all that much money. but on the other hand my car is up to 163k miles right now on the original engine/tranny.

lol....and yeah thats the thing i was unsure about is the 3.4...i heard there expensive to work on and i dont have all that much money. but on the other hand my car is up to 163k miles right now on the original engine/tranny.

But you have the 3100. When you go to the 3.4 you trade ease of maintenance for more power/fun.

But you have the 3100. When you go to the 3.4 you trade ease of maintenance for more power/fun.

yeah, did they make any obd2 convertibles? cuz i like the 95+ interior and i havnt seen any for sale anywhere.

'95 was OBD 1.5...that's what my convertible is. They're fairly hard to find, only 4082 produced.

If I didn't have 3 kids, though, I'd like the rear bucket seats.

yeah, did they make any obd2 convertibles? cuz i like the 95+ interior and i havnt seen any for sale anywhere.

To me, coupe's have more value because they seem to be harder to spot than convertibles...

I would keep the coupe anyway because I hate convertibles... :lol:

To me, coupe's have more value because they seem to be harder to spot than convertibles...

I would keep the coupe anyway because I hate convertibles... :lol:

does anyone think thats kinda high miles on my drivetrain tho? (163k)

<--- 184K miles on a 3100 that still runs like a raped ape(for a 3100 anyways... :lol:)

high miles doesn't mean anything these days, it's all about how well it was taken care of. you can have engine grenade at 20K miles or last to 500K, but owner ignorance/neglect will determine which is more likely...

you don't know ANYTHING about how well that LQ1 was maintained, but you at least have some idea about your own powertrain.

To me, mileage and age mean nothing... its all about how the car was taken care of.

well it has been taken good care of.

but to me, its not worth having a car if it has over 150k. haha

<--- 184K miles on a 3100 that still runs like a raped ape(for a 3100 anyways... :lol:)

high miles doesn't mean anything these days, it's all about how well it was taken care of. you can have engine grenade at 20K miles or last to 500K, but owner ignorance/neglect will determine which is more likely...

you don't know ANYTHING about how well that LQ1 was maintained, but you at least have some idea about your own powertrain.

true.

whats that F40 thing in your mods list mean? lol

a straight up trade or your car plus how much $$?

the pictures aren't showing up for me real well, but what kind of shape is this car in?

so long as you do your own work the 3.4 is not very expensive to maintain save for the timing belt, and depending how the maint was kept up on it it may or may not be an issue, and its something that should only need done every 60-70k miles.

my concern is much more towards the condition of the car itself, how is the top? hydraulics? suspension?

If you have a reliable car for a daily driver and it does not give you any trouble you should probably stick with it as you know it better then anyone. getting into a used car is always a gamble.

and my own personal preference would be keep the coupe, convertibles to me are more trouble then they are worth. too much worry about some ass slashing your top, leaks, people throwing trash in the car, unable to leave any valuables in it for fear that someone will slash the top to get them.

a straight up trade or your car plus how much $$?

the pictures aren't showing up for me real well, but what kind of shape is this car in?

so long as you do your own work the 3.4 is not very expensive to maintain save for the timing belt, and depending how the maint was kept up on it it may or may not be an issue, and its something that should only need done every 60-70k miles.

my concern is much more towards the condition of the car itself, how is the top? hydraulics? suspension?

If you have a reliable car for a daily driver and it does not give you any trouble you should probably stick with it as you know it better then anyone. getting into a used car is always a gamble.

and my own personal preference would be keep the coupe, convertibles to me are more trouble then they are worth. too much worry about some ass slashing your top, leaks, people throwing trash in the car, unable to leave any valuables in it for fear that someone will slash the top to get them.

yeah i know what you mean.

i havnt seen the car cause its way down in boston, and live in maine.

and the original w-body i fell in love with was a cutlass convertible with the top down, i love the roll bar they have.

and how are the olds intrigues? i read on wikipedia that they replaced the cutlass supreme?

considering the CS ended after 1997 and the intrigue was an Olds on the W platform, i would say it was definitely a replacement.

very nicely built if i do say so myself from what i've found in the junkyards around here...

considering the CS ended after 1997 and the intrigue was an Olds on the W platform, i would say it was definitely a replacement.

very nicely built if i do say so myself from what i've found in the junkyards around here...

good to know. its just cuz im always looking for new cars to drive haha

Agreed, they're nice cars, if not a little boring. Not nearly as exciting as a Cutty, especially since it didn't come in a 2 door or vert form.

Agreed, they're nice cars, if not a little boring. Not nearly as exciting as a Cutty, especially since it didn't come in a 2 door or vert form.

they didnt? i must be thinking of the alero that had a 2 door option then?

they didnt? i must be thinking of the alero that had a 2 door option then?

Yup, the Alero came in either 2 or 4 doors. It's not a W though.

Alero = N.... IIRC.

also look like nice cars, but i just don't trust anything less than a W...

yea the alero is the same thing as a grand am...there not very good cars.

I like the Grand Am, even though it isn't very reliable. I think its a hot looking car. The Alero is nice too. My neighbor has one, she bought it brand new (one of the last years for the Olds) when her 89 Grand Prix finally lost the fight with the rust.