91, 92 GTP Daytona 500 Pace Cars

ss427

WOW! Thanks for posting this. This is the first time I have ever seen pictures of these cars. I knew that they existed but could never find a picture. I did see the video on youtube of a 1992 Nascar race which has the red GTP with the 5 speed and graphite leather, I would think this must be the same car that was at the auction. Other than that, I do not know what happened to them.

It's too bad such awesome car's aren't able to be put on the road (legally). But I guess that will keep them in mint shape which is cool. I'd love to check these things out up close, but that's why I wondered if maybe they ended up in a museum. I also have a 91 Z34 promo video which shows the quarter panel of a white 91 Z34 Brickyard 400 pace car that was on a lift in the background.. There's really no pace car info anywhere to be found.

Technically as long as they have a VIN number you could still get them certified for use on public roads.

With the amount of Money BJ makes, and these cars were sold for, you would think SOMEONE could buy a decent digital Camera!

Jamie

The pictures of the auction cars are usually submitted by the selling party long before the auction occurs, so that probably explains the poor quality of these ones. I wish there were more pictures of em!

• 4 years later...