RKE Question, 98 Monte

3pt1lumina

My dad's 98 Monte Z34 has the factory keyless entry system. I only have one remote, and it was working fine on Friday (last time I saw the car, it's at work). Today, I went to get into it, tried the keyless entry, and the battery on the car was dead. I charged it for a couple of hours, and it is fine, but the keyless does not work.

It could be a few things, such as:

-Bad battery in the remote

-Possible blown fuse

-I have been messing with the wiring for the rear speakers, it is *possible* I may have knocked something loose..

-The remote is dead/needs to be relearned.

I will check the obvious tomorrow, but, how do you relearn a remote for this car? I know with newer cars, you have to go through the BCM, but when my buddy added another remote to my 99 Z34 in November, he didn't need a scanner or anything...

Who knows how to do this!?

Thanks!

same as the 1st gen Ws. There is a black wire in the trunk that you ground to the antenna base in the trunk, wait for the unit to cycle and then hold lock on the remote till the locks cycle. Done.

Now what I highly suggest you do first before you try anything else is to syncronize the remote.

Hold he lock and unlock button on the remote for 7 seconds and release.

Then if it doesnt work try programming the remote :mrgreen: