Cool article in a Grand Prix book I bought

supertrick_05

I agree that the 88-96 grand prix coupes still look "modern" today.

OMG the hood was functional :willynilly:

able to smoke the tires from a 40 mph roll
:willynilly: :gears:

I wonder what ever happened to this beast of a gp?

I want to make a clone of one. That would be bad ass.

Love that hood! I wonder if the GM designers created the shape themselves or used a design from something out there already.. I wish there was a picture showing the duct work underneath. It was done here so it could be definitely be recreated!

I love everything about that car except the wing

Is it a bit smaller than a normal GP wing? I didn't notice that when I first looked at it. So yeah, I want to clone it... but keep my current spoiler...

Is it a bit smaller than a normal GP wing? I didn't notice that when I first looked at it. So yeah, I want to clone it... but keep my current spoiler...

I have no idea if it is the stock one or not :shrug: ....I think that the GP pre_gen coupes look so much better completely wingless

I have no idea if it is the stock one or not :shrug: ....I think that the GP pre_gen coupes look so much better completely wingless

To each his own. I think my car would look naked without it... :shrug:

AHHH!! Its put on a 2g unibody! WTF! Thats awesome!

Whoa just realized something. Look at the engine bay picture. It has the newer windshield wipers. You can clearly see they go up above the black window trim but in the picture of the car you see no wipers but you can see the black window trim... Hmm I think that engine pic is from a different car..

Whoa just realized something. Look at the engine bay picture. It has the newer windshield wipers. You can clearly see they go up above the black window trim but in the picture of the car you see no wipers but you can see the black window trim... Hmm I think that engine pic is from a different car..

I do believe you are correct...good eye!

I do believe you are correct...good eye!

I am guessing Gm only sent out a certain set of pictures out for media distributing.

Whether or not the windshield wipers are wrong the strut towers are not right. :lol:

the engine picture is just from a different car.

I totally agree.

I'm gonna buck the trend here and say it is the same car. They put a Gen 1 body on a Gen II carriage and maybe the just took the wipers off because it was a nice day and GM just does stupid shit like that for no good reason.

On a side note, I WANT IT! :willynilly: