Help W/ Upgrading Interior Lights to LEDs

gpchris

Im hoping to upgrade my 95 grand prix's interior lights to LEDs. Can anybody tell me what kind of bulbs ill need and how many? Ill need the ones in the doors, ones for the front floorboard, the ones on the rear pillars and the ones in the mirror. Help?

Thats a lot of $$$.. I did some research and found a site that sold them relatively cheap. You can upgrade all interior bulbs to LEDs for about $30 bucks. Problem is I'm having trouble figuring out what type of bulbs are in the rear pillar domes.

bulb.jpg

bulb2.jpg

They look a lot like 194 sockets but the bulb is like 3 times the size.. Anybody know what these bulbs are called? Theres no marking on them..

And for anyone else wanting to upgrade; the mirror lights and door lights were 41mm 212-2 bulbs and the front floor board bulbs are 194's. Im still trying to figure out what the rear pillar lights are..

Alright guys i found out they are 906 bulbs. So i just ordered them. I got all 8 interior lights for $37 shipped.

If you guys ever want to do this you'll need:

2x 194 Bulbs (Floor Board)

4x 212-2 Bulbs (Map Light/Mirror Light, Door Light)

2x 906 (Rear Pillar Light)

If your gonna do LED interior lighting like I have in the past. Stop.

First to do it right you need to make a 12v regulator to supply the LEDs with stable voltage. Otherwise they will do like mine did, burn out, flicker, and not last long at all.

Second, to be able to dim them properly, you need a PWM dimmer. Im working on building one using a 555 timer IC.

I got mine from China off ebay. Thats where all of them come from.

And no, they didnt die because they were cheap, they died cause LEDs dont like operating except within their very very narron voltage range. And they dont like being dimmed with resistors.

I bought some fog light led arrays .. chinese .. they suck.

Does your GP fade the interior lights out like my cutty does.

LEDs don't like odd voltages.

All of the exterior lighting on my old Millenia was LEDs from eBay. They were a lot brighter and worked just fine with no modifications. Had it for a year like that. Granted I never dimmed the exterior lights - but a side from that everything else would be similar in function.