Ignition Switch or Lock Cylinder?

Artemis

So I've been having this issue for maybe a year now. Every once in awhile (and its completely random) I will put the key in, turn and nothing will happen. Power goes on, radio turns on. I don't recall whether I hear the pump priming... I can check on that later today. But after about 5-10 minutes of trying every 10 seconds or so, it will suddenly start like nothing was ever wrong. I've had 3 starters since this issue has started, one replaced shortly after and I just replaced the replacement recently (not related to this issue, starter was actually toast). VATS has been bypassed in this car, I have a remote starter that works. Ofcourse the remote starter doesn't work when the car decides it doesn't wanna go. Am I looking at an ignition switch or something else? It seems to be happening more often than usual as of late, and I guess its time to fix it.

How sure are you vats was removed?

Did you cut the wire or solder in a resistor?

I put in the resistor myself, followed the directions of the "likeabigdog" or whatever that guide is.

my 94 cutlass used to do the same thing completely randomly when My keys chip was faulty. New key solved the problem, but your situation is different because of the bypass of the security.

I would say definately a security issue. Possibly a bad solder joint

When the car wont start... Does the security light come on or blink?

It REALLY sounds like VATS

Security light doesn't blink I dont think. BUT, it sometimes is consistently on while driving the car.